Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put any stock in the motto. It's just words that look nice on a badge!

The big thing with me is people being somewhat OK with us scraping a 2-0 loss against the RS, we have fallen so far.
Not that we have fallen so far, its more they have climbed so high. They are the best team in Europe at that minute so most people thought they would destroy us. The players showed some fight today and we wernt actually that bad.

Edit: I can’t wait for Klopp to leave this lot and they fall of their high horse.

So…

Palace, Brentford and Watford are the big ones now then. Nothing less than 9 points required & hopefully some bonus points from Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal? Have I missed anything?
Chelsea is absolutely massive. If Burnley win and go 5 points clear then only a win will do

Either Leeds do get dragged in, or it's going to be very difficult. It's not luck, but Burnleys sequence of games is working in their favour and they have taken advantage.

I'd actually take things coming down to the last day now even though it would still be horrendous.

If Burnley beat Watford and we fail to beat or lose against Chelsea we are depending on Leeds to implode. It's tough to see all that bouncing in our favour.
I cant see Burnley keeping this up. If they get a draw against Watford and we beat Chelsea then its GD and their momentum is stopped.

It just takes that.

We are rightly even money to go down. But the performances are not dire by any stretch.

So…

Palace, Brentford and Watford are the big ones now then. Nothing less than 9 points required & hopefully some bonus points from Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal? Have I missed anything?
We are grasping at straws now. I still think we can beat Chelsea somehow and Lampard should surely know their strengths and weaknesses. I think another defeat might push the players over the edge and resign them to their fate, especially if Burnley beat Watford.

Probably be a 5 point gap before they play Chelsea. Reality is that will probably be that. Nothing to suggest from what gone before that they will be capable of pulling that back

I cant see Burnley keeping this up. If they get a draw against Watford and we beat Chelsea then its GD and their momentum is stopped.

It just takes that.

We are rightly even money to go down. But the performances are not dire by any stretch.
They only need to keep it up for a couple of games

We are grasping at straws now. I still think we can beat Chelsea somehow and Lampard should surely know their strengths and weaknesses. I think another defeat might push the players over the edge and resign them to their fate, especially if Burnley beat Watford.
Having watched Chelsea their last few games, this is as good a time as any to play them. Even better if they beat utd and can breathe easier in their CL hunt

Resigned to their fate?... I'd be astonished and amazed if every single member of that squad has not been on the phone to their agent since probably xmas time saying "if we go down, get me a move asap!"

Status
Not open for further replies.