Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of just getting all to predictable now with this Everton team. Hold out in the first half. Then get beat second half. Unlucky or not. We didn’t have a shot on target. So not great.
Chelsea next. Wonder if anything will change. Or is the same old starting 11 getting churned out yet again to try and get a result. And is Lampard going to wait until we are well behind before making a few changes.
Draws are not really much good from here on in. We need to start winning a few matches. Starting with Chelsea. So here’s hoping ( once again ) that we can turn up. Get the win.
But I’m now getting resigned to us getting relegated. Maybe ( hopefully ) have a complete clear out of our rubbish. Give our youngsters a proper go at everything next season. Along with a few of our better experienced players. Maybe next season ( in the championship ) win a few football matches. Get that winning feeling back again. And bounce straight back up. You see that when I say all that quickly……it don’t sound that bad.
Of course I want Everton to remain in the PL. But it ain’t looking good. We don’t look up to beating any team. And when we do manage a win. It is usually followed by a few defeats. Can we trust this bunch of players to beat anybody.
So roll on next week. Another must win match. Maybe we can catch Leeds utd. But with our form……it’s more likely that we will be caught by Watford.
Just wish that ( for better or worse ) this season was over.
Rant over. Good night folks. Be safe. Up the Toffees…

On the pen, I hate those ones the most. When the ref clearly sees it's a penalty but doesn't give it because it's so clear and it's a big moment and they think "it's a penalty!" and then the moment's passed and they haven't given it and okay we're back underway.

Sadly two of those moments this season could well send us down.

Pleased with the performance, gutted with the result. If we'd played more like that through the season,we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

Frank did a good job tactically. Again should have done that away more.

They had a full squad to pick from and we picked up yet another pre match injury. I think this speaks to a general malaise and lack of momentum running through the squad/club.

Hope we survive. We are in desperate need of a hero.

On the pen, I hate those ones the most. When the ref clearly sees it's a penalty but doesn't give it because it's so clear and it's a big moment and they think "it's a penalty!" and then the moment's passed and they haven't given it and okay we're back underway.

Sadly two of those moments this season could well send us down.
“VAR will sort it,” is blatantly what went through the coward’s head.

I don’t think it’s about luck any longer, with the advent of VAR it’s either incompetence, bias or corruption.
if you're in the bottom three after 32 games and talking about "luck", you deserve to be there.

ref was a joke today, but we wont go down because of that. we'll go down because we've lost more games than all-but-2 teams, have the worst away record off all teams in top 4 divisions, took 3 points in 12 games in the winter (give or take), had yet another game where we didn't even get a shot on target, and haven't been able to put 2 wins together in fuch knows how long.

that's not down to var or corruption. that's down to a god-awful football team being worse than Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.