Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t pretty but it could be the point that keeps us up. Richy scored a fluke but missed to glorious chances, sums up our season.

Mina and Coleman doing they’re best to make it 2-0 with some awful ball control and attempts to shield the ball.

Iwobi MOTM for me, everyone else blew hot and cold throughout.

Was that Gordon’s worst game for us? Seemed like he forget how to kick a ball in some decent potions.

What a gut punch for Burnley.

They are sitting there cheering what looks like an inevitable defeat for us one moment….the next the gap is widened to five points.

Cursing their luck….it would have been a two point gap but for them missing a penno v Hammers and us snatching a latw point v Foxes :dance:

Only 4pts mate...not 5 until we draw with the RS ;)

That was far far far too close for comfort, and even Richie's shot was garbage. But thankfully we snatched a point from defeat so be thankful for small mercies.

MoM? I was going for Alex Iwobi for his effort throughout, but in the end went for Rondon. I thought his contribution tipped the balance.

The most frustrating aspect for me was all the time we spent cat* footing around the edge of our own box instead of being forceful around the edge of the opposition box. We invite disaster all the time and were lucky not to be punished for it on more than one occasion.

*apparently the affectionate name for a cat isn't accepted on here lol
lollol

Fair enough but Mykolenko was nowhere near part of the problem this evening. No legs in central midfield except Iwobi was the issue for me. Mykolenko wasn’t helped at all by Gray who hasn’t warranted playing time for months now

The midfield was a disaster and I agree that set the tone for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.