Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add context i think most of us on here could have rinsed JJk like that. Burnley lad i work with says the same, he's a good defender but he has players in a team who will protect him and stopp him getting dragged out. Put him with more offensive fullbcaks and he'll get challenged a hell of a lot more.

Keane mk2 for me. SWERVE.

I think the difference in attitude between him and Keane is night and day tbh. The only similarities between the two are that they’ve both played for Burnley. Tarkowski is an old school centre back who’ll put his body on the line and Keane is... not that.

I think the difference in attitude between him and Keane is night and day tbh. The only similarities between the two are that they’ve both played for Burnley. Tarkowski is an old school centre back who’ll put his body on the line and Keane is... not that.

Mentally he seems a lot stronger than Keane. The worry would be, stylistically if he's asked to play higher up would he have problems.

I think this summer will start mini rebuild of the starting XI and squad. We will likely sell a big name in either Richarlison or DCL to balance the books which will free up some must needed improvement throughout the squad.

Out of contract:
Sigurdsson - AM
Delph - DCM
Kenny - RB
Tosun - ST
Begovic - GK
Lonergan - GK

I can't see many of these been kept on despite Delph being a good footballer, he just simply isn't constantly fit and at 32 on reportedly £80k a week. Begovic may get another year as backup.

Last year of contract:
Mina - CB
Townsend - RW
Coleman - RB
Rondon - ST
Davies - CM
Doucoure - CM

Sadly I can't see Townsend or Rondon getting any more out of us. Coleman potential gets his swansong season before moving onto the coaching staff. Davies surely is in last chance saloon as an Everton player so potentially sell on. Doucoure will earn a new deal but biggest question marks are over Mina and Allan both of which earn a pretty penny and have sellability so I can see them moved on over the summer.

Davies I think will get a new deal, because we won’t get anything for him, I don’t rate the last abs he has no long term future, but the club will hope they can get something for him next summer.

Allan & Mina will go I think. And I wouldn’t give Doucoure a new deal, he’s nearly 30 awful on the ball and doesn’t suit the way lampard wants to play, we can’t be stuck with him at 32/33

Doucoure we have a club option to extend by 1 year. Id take that extension and Davies id hold onto with the u23s pushing them both over the season.

If 2 DM/CMs we'd need 2 new players in the middle as starters

Move on Gomes and Allan with Delph out of contract.

Iwobi and Dele who knows what will happen.

According to Fabrizio Romano Chelsea are listening to offers for Levi Colwill. Get on that please Everton.

What Romano actually said, was: Chelsea will receive proposals in the summer for Levi Colwill. Not the same thing. It’s the BBC that said Chelsea will listen to offers.

If there was a chance to get him then It would be great to have Colwill and Branthwaite as the two high potential players...Godfrey as a starter with another top player signed.

Move on Mina, Holgate and Keane.

If we can fix Centre back and Centre midfield then we'll be a different side.

Moise Kean going for £25mil+ would be a huge help.

@Vaughan

In the Gordon thread I said that I dont see finances as a major issue.

Out of contract: Delph, Sigurdsson, Kenny, Lonergan, Tosun.

Midfield sales: Gomes/Allan/Gbamin + possibly Dele/Iwobi.

Centre back sales: Holgate/Mina/Keane

We'd have Branthwaite/Godfrey so we'd need 2 new centre backs.

We'd have Doucoure/Davies so we'd need 2 new centre midfielders.

With the above sales then a £25mil sale for Kean and I think we'd be able to have a decent pot for 4 new players.

@Vaughan

With the above sales then a £25mil sale for Kean and I think we'd be able to have a decent pot for 4 new players.
Can you explain why you dont think finances will be an isssue please?

And also, how we are buying 2 new CBs, 2 new CMs with 25million.

Thanks.

@Vaughan

If Frank does keep us up and gets next season which he will if he saves us, I exepect a couple of players to come here on loan from Chelsea. Gallagher, Broja or maybe Gilmour there are others 2. I’d rather Broja that DCL.

I’d keep Allan. He’s not amazing but he’s our best central midfielder. We need to be strengthening central midfield, not weakening it further.
Whilst I agree, we really wont be able to pick who we sell this Summer.

Somebody like Allan will be in highish demand if we put him on the market, given his age we wouldnt attract a good fee, but we wouldnt have any issue selling him. You cant say the same for some others.

Does that really matter though? At this point it's wages that are the issue. I'm sure we can get by with another minimal transfer style policy if it meant getting rid of a load of high earners all at once. So would iwobi bring more to this team than someone else in his position here next season?

I think Gomes, Gbamin and Allan bring in £20mil.

The above combined must be £500-550k a week in wages.

That would leave us with Doucoure/Davies for 2/4 spots in the centre and Iwobi/Dele for the more advanced position.

Would you be comfortable with that?

We'd need 2 more DM/CM players to come in.

I’d keep Allan. He’s not amazing but he’s our best central midfielder. We need to be strengthening central midfield, not weakening it further.

Im a big fan of Allans, have been for a few years.

31 with a year on his deal and more adept at playing in a front foot harrying style than sitting.

in our defence we have Myko, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Patterson in the 'young'/u25 age bracket.

In the forward line, DCL, Richarlison, Gordon, Dobbin and Gray all in the same 'young' bracket.

Advanced midfield Dele/Iwobi both 25.

However in that central/defensive midfield two the group is currently Delph, Allan, Doucoure, Gomes and Davies.

I think we need to have some succession planning there.

If Frank does keep us up and gets next season which he will if he saves us, I exepect a couple of players to come here on loan from Chelsea. Gallagher, Broja or maybe Gilmour there are others 2. I’d rather Broja that DCL.

Gilmour has one year on his deal at Chelsea. Only turns 21 in June (4 months older than Patterson) so could be a good option as a Delph replacement with Davies as backup.

Broja looks like a very good player in the making...but not scored many goals (good goals to mins ratio) and unproven really.

Colwill on loan at Huddersfield would be a coup. Having him and Branthwaite as two highly promising centre backs would be perfect for us to develop.

Gallagher i wonder how much they would accept for him...he may not be for sale of course. My guess would be £60mil which is going to be too high imo.

The way I look at our transfer status. I think we have been bloated with big money and international signing.

I think we need to take advantage of the championship because there is real talent which if tapped it can reap rewards like:
Bowen and Olise, to name a few.

I think back to Moyes and the transfers he took in like Cahill, Baines, Lescott and Jagelka who played a lower level but had the hunger to go higher.

Interesting players in the Championship:
Johnson - CM - Forest
Garner - DM - Forest
Berge - DM - Sheff Utd
Colwill - CB - Huddersfield (on loan from Chelsea)
Brereton-Diaz - FW - Blackburn
Souttar - CB - Stoke

I hope our new Director of Football is opening his net into the lower leagues.

@Vaughan

Can’t see Iwobi going anywhere. Frank seems to like him - especially in this new no. 8 role.

Can't allow any of these players to pull the wool over our eyes in the final 8 games, no matter the relief that we'll all feel if we survival and the momentary gratitude we'll feel towards the ones who contribute the most in saving us.

These players, to a man, are muck and that can't be forgotten at the end of the season. Gordon aside, every single one of them needs to be transfer listed and we need to completely rebuild the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.