Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 5 minutes after the final whistle I was expecting ManU to somehow sneak in 2 late goals. My nerves are in tatters. BUT it was a fine fighting performance from most of the players. Unfortunately DCL was totally anonymous until FL put him out of his misery and had him taken round the back and shot.

Anyway my MoM could have been any out of Richie, Anthony Gordon, Myko, Delph, Pickford or Alex Iwobi, but I had to go for Iwobi because, even though he has this habit of throwing wayward passes around (and lets face it they all do that) his overall performance today was brilliant. Chasing down the ball, pressing and harrassing.

A special mention for Michael Keane. Even though he continues to carry the ball over the halfway line and subsequently getting mugged, he managed to get away with it a couple of times today.

More of the same until the end of the season, but do try and make it a few more than 1 goal a game please. COYB :cheers:
That Ronaldo chance at the end... Thought that was in

They seem to play better than Allan/Doucoure... Delph is there to receive the pass, but Doucoure can at times seem like he's not there.

Delph really has a football brain for that position. We probably should go for one or two more of Pep's players.
Delph is a really good football player but he's a pro and he doesn't do things that make the crowd like him. He played well today, a big difference having a calm experienced head in there. I look forward to his next appearance in November when head back from the calf strain

Delph is a really good football player but he's a pro and he doesn't do things that make the crowd like him. He played well today, a big difference having a calm experienced head in there. I look forward to his next appearance in November when head back from the calf strain

Stick him out there even on one leg.

He's out of contract in the summer; unless we give him a new deal and hopefully doesn't get injured signing his own name.

…I posted I fancied us to lose at Burnley and beat United, but that was tense for us all. I even missed a race at Aintree.

Drinking rum now.
It's a great win but makes so frustrated about losing that lead at Burnley now. Doesn't help that theyve an easy fixture in Norwich but hey ho great result and more points towards safety. 2 or 3 more wins! Cmon!

Status
Not open for further replies.