2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Lampard names Calvert-Lewin on the bench for Palace and then bring him on at half time if he wasn't happy with his attitude. For me that's managing his fitness and is consistent with his comments about him not being 100% fit.

He also doesn't start him and give him 80 minutes if he isn't happy with his attitude.

I think he saw 10 man Everton in a game that got away from us, and had Burnley in mind.

If you agree with my last point of 'we desperately need him to stay fit', then considering the comments before the game was exclusively talking about working on his fitness - then for me that explains why he'd likely take him off. Returning from back-to-back injuries and to be fair, he wasn't in the game.

You think Calvert-Lewin has an ego/bad attitude and Lampard is taking him off because of a lack of effort.

I think Lampard is managing his fitness.

Each to their own.
To clarify, I think he has a natural and healthy ego/competitive attitude brought about about by his continued rise in the game. My opinion is that he just doesn't see harassing defenders and running channels as his job anymore and doesn't want to go back to doing it.

0D3C3FDF-2170-4835-AB1A-4FCBA4052E52.jpeg

Look at the state of the trousers, at least he could polish the floor while wearing them
You do realise that there’s a world of fashion outside of football and that your opinion on it is irrelevant. Or are you just to small minded to understand that?

Status
Not open for further replies.