2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's already gone to another club in his mind's eye.

Dont hand him another start.

His mind’s eye is absolutely delusional then, because no one is going to be fighting over a centre forward with one open play goal in a season who also doesn’t offer a thing when he’s not scoring. The “England international” thing can be put to sleep now as well because he ain’t getting back in that squad as long as he has a hole in his arse.

His mind’s eye is absolutely delusional then, because no one is going to be fighting over a centre forward with one open play goal in a season who also doesn’t offer a thing when he’s not scoring. The “England international” thing can be put to sleep now as well because he ain’t getting back in that squad as long as he has a hole in his arse.
Whenever I say that I get told I don't understand football and that he runs the channels and occupies defenders........so I have to back off and just admit he's a top class strikerlol

Drop him and try and get some movement. Even if it means packing out the midfield and having richarlison and gray hitting on the break.
He's got nothing to offer unless we're hitting him with cross after cross. And we're not good enough to do that so he needs benching.

Needs to focus on his day job and stop the off the field nonsense. Go back to the modelling when he is actually performing decently on the pitch.
This is actually sound common sense advice, but mention that it might be in his best interest to concentrate on his day job a bit before playing dress up again and you might as well be a member of the Taliban.

DCL can dress as he likes, as far as I'm concerned. He's lovely as Britney. But if you're utterly failing on the football pitch - which is your office - while doing your best Jaclyn Smith impression on Insta, then it's absolutely no surprise that people might suspect you're distracted or unfocused and be less than appreciative especially as you are supposed to be scoring the goals that prevents a first relegation since the Cretaceous period.

Could never fully take to him to be honest, always thought he was unconvincing in his play, scuffed shots, poor decision making, lack of strength and weak hold up play although that lay off against Newcastle was great.

He’s can be decent in the air , his header away at Spurs last season was superb almost Duncan level however i get the impression he’s believed his own hype lately.

I remember away at Leeds last season he had two clear options to either side of him to play in but instead took a shot with a dismal scuffed effort way wide and Carlo went nuts at him. He’s ignored Richarlison on occasion too, away at Arsenal under Silva was another wrong decision .

It’s in our interest for the lad to be great , to be a threat , to be a proper number 9 for us but I don’t see it. He doesn’t excite like forwards should. I could be wrong and he will turn into a top class player but at the moment after watching him over the years I don’t see it.

I keep saying he just needs a run of 5 years again to get him up to speed. We could get another half season out of him. Keep the faith.

…..thought we looked much better with Richarlison on the right & DCL up top but I’ve thought that for a long time.

DCL isn’t a great goalscorer but he thrives on service from wide positions. We continue to play full backs who don’t put telling crosses into the box, it’s not rocket science to suggest a team needs blend, players who compliment each other.

i’d persist with Mykolenkp despite his failings.

This is actually sound common sense advice, but mention that it might be in his best interest to concentrate on his day job a bit before playing dress up again and you might as well be a member of the Taliban.

DCL can dress as he likes, as far as I'm concerned. He's lovely as Britney. But if you're utterly failing on the football pitch - which is your office - while doing your best Jaclyn Smith impression on Insta, then it's absolutely no surprise that people might suspect you're distracted or unfocused and be less than appreciative especially as you are supposed to be scoring the goals that prevents a first relegation since the Cretaceous period.
Giving ya age away with the Jacklyn Smith impression quote ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.