Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle will just come and park the bus and try and nick one on the break mate, it will be up to us to try and break them down and after today's toothless display attacking wise that's worrying.
I don’t think so, they’re safe, they’ll play with freedom, and that’s bad news for us. Unless Eddie takes pity on his Blues and plays Newcastle’s under 12’s

December killed us. 1st December - We lost our 6th game in 7, a home hammering v Liverpool. The Kopites singing our managers name. He absolutely needed sacking that night - failure to do it led to a disastrous chain of events:

- Brands being sacked. What club sacks a DoF mid season, just before a transfer window?
- The decision to sell Digne. Ludicrously dropped this month.
- Decision to bring In Mykolenko. An awful player
- Decision to sign Patterson. Completely untried at this level.
- The complete lack of a back up plan if Benitez ended up sacked. Ultimately leading to a new manager only being installed on deadline day.

We were relegated in December.
It was like a relegation Advent calendar, but even so, we still had the opportunity to sign five players and appoint a new manager in January.

No amount of time or money would be enough to see this owner and board become successful. The club is a basket case.

I found myself losing my [Poor language removed] today during and after game. But it is still in our hands. Watford got hammered by Wolves onThursdat then won today. We’ve just got to move on and get a result. I know it’s tough for everyone. I don’t know what else to say mate.
I know mate, we need a miracle. Hopefully Frank can find one. But this run has been going since September, it’s just stacked against us and nothing seems to be working

If we go down that would be it for me where this club is concerned. My enthusiasm has been dying ever since Moyes stabbed us in the back to join United. We have had a series of charlatans come and go, spending untolds amount of cash to bring in worse players than those they were meant to replace.
We have an owner who doesnt attend games, clearly couldnt care less about the club and defied the huge wave of disgust towards a manager who shouldn't have been allowed within 50ft of the club never mind given the managers job.
Will I be missed , probably not, there always be a sycophant ready to replace me whichever division we are in or some annoying idiot who screams Wooooo on Twitter as if that is some sort of rallying cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.