Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t know why you get so aggressively defensive when someone suggests we paid James more than we could actually afford to pay him? I totally believe that’s something we would’ve done.
I just found it funny that his wage has seemingly gone up again - according to Dom King, who the last I knew was reporting 200k a week.

It has nothing to doing with getting defensive. We couldn't afford James, it was a silly move. It could have been great, I'm glad we got to see him play for Everton. after 6 years of Moshiri, we should be in a position where we can pay players 200k a week, because we should be a lot better than we are and as you get better you pay players more to keep on succeeding. But we aren't there and that's on the people in charge.

I just found it funny that his wage has seemingly gone up again - according to Dom King, who the last I knew was reporting 200k a week.

It has nothing to doing with getting defensive. We couldn't afford James, it was a silly move. It could have been great, I'm glad we got to see him play for Everton. after 6 years of Moshiri, we should be in a position where we can pay players 200k a week.

But we can’t pay anyone £200k a week when we’re also paying the likes of Cenk Tosun, Fabian Delph and Gbamin £80k a week each to turn up for training occasionally and not threaten the match day squad. Bottom half/mid table teams don’t pay players £200k a week. How has Moshiri got no clue whatsoever what we can actually afford?

What tactics do you employ when the players won't put in the effort to play?
It's not effort though?

They're just really crap and can't follow basic instructions.

The basic instructions yesterday were probably the wrong ones, well almost certainly the wrong ones. But those mistakes happen whether we play high press or low block or bloody stand around letting teams have 90% possession, and it's always the same players.

I'm sure Keane is putting effort in. He's just horrendous.

But we can’t pay anyone £200k a week when we’re also paying the likes of Cenk Tosun, Fabian Delph and Gbamin £80k a week each to turn up for training occasionally and not threaten the match day squad. How has Moshiri got no clue whatsoever what we can actually afford?
Yes I absolutely agree there, but that's also on the divs he hired a) not being able to shift those players (Brands was so, so bad at this) and b) Moshiri being an idiot, which we know he is.

Brands didn't want James, but the thing is is he'd go and suggest some technical midget from the Netherlands or one that his mate Raiola had on the books who would never suit the Prem, too.

You know I have no love lost for Moshiri. But had his tenure gone anywhere close to going to plan, we would have/should have been able to.

But we can’t pay anyone £200k a week when we’re also paying the likes of Cenk Tosun, Fabian Delph and Gbamin £80k a week each to turn up for training occasionally and not threaten the match day squad. Bottom half/mid table teams don’t pay players £200k a week. How has Moshiri got no clue whatsoever what we can actually afford?
I could do that (Blackstuff).

I’d love to know if our clubs record signing is still getting paid.

Id be surprised if an anonymous person wasn’t - though I don’t know, generally there is a gross misconduct article in all employment contracts, but generally an employee has the right due process, before a determination is reached and disciplinary action by an employer taken.

I think this happened with Mutu at Chelsea they hung about until there was a determination and appeals before seeking recompense.

I’ve just splurged and sent for this season’s shirt. I figure it will be a good conversation starter to have the kit we were relegated in. Kind of a collector’s item.

Just kidding…a lot of matches left. They’ll get right…I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.