Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The source is the mail. But I could believe it tbh
Yeah but we didn't pay James £250k a week despite the reports that went up every week when the club was desperate to be rid of him.

There were a few reports in December about his wage in Qatar which hasn't dropped being about 10m a season mate, so £200kish

Yeah and I just read in Dom Kings piece tonight that we were paying James 13 million a year. We deserve to be relegated for how we've been run.
13m a year for James Rodriquez is a bargain.

I saw a stat that Hamez, Digne and Number 10 created or scored 90% of our goals last season.

He’s a bit obsessed with James and Digne tbh.
I mean I want good players to play for Everton rather than average tosh that has left us in a relegation scrap but I agree with @ToffeeTim general point that it is an example of overspending etc.

I don't know how you can look at our creative fulcrum of *checks notes* Anthony Gordon, Andros Townsend, Alex Iwobi and Jonjoe Kenny playing at LB and not think we've downgraded.

Tell you what, paying better players more and being comfortably alright in the league is better than paying tosh players less and going down

I mean I want good players to play for Everton rather than average tosh that has left us in a relegation scrap but I agree with @ToffeeTim general point that it is an example of overspending etc.

I don't know how you can look at our creative fulcrum of *checks notes* Anthony Gordon, Andros Townsend, Alex Iwobi and Jonjoe Kenny playing at LB and not think we've downgraded.

Tell you what, paying better players more and being comfortably alright in the league is better than paying tosh players less and going down

I just don’t know why you get so aggressively defensive when someone suggests we paid James more than we could actually afford to pay him? I totally believe that’s something we would’ve done.

How do you know what we paid James?
Well it started out as being 120k a week in 2020 and every week by week over the summer the journos - a few of whom I know - were reporting it 10k higher each bloody time as the club became more and more desperate.

We probably were paying him 200k. Maybe bonuses will take it up to 250k. But the absolute inconsistency in the reporting - which I highlighted at the time - means we can't just take the latest figure they've plucked out of thin air (which is the figure they were saying when we finally got rid of him), doesn't add up. And they were all at it, all of the reporters.

That video paddy power has just posted is absolutely brilliant ?
Has to have been made with the co-operation of real blues with a GSOH, it's got genuine local insight and humour and if we can't laugh at this sort of stuff we are doomed. Booing at the bus was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.