New Everton Stadium Discussion

The company building it went under because they were hoovering up public sector work by putting in ridiculously low tenders.
The Royal would have been delayed whether Carrillion went bust or not. Carillon were involved in risky business, passing on losses from onenjob onto the next on the promise that all debts woudl be covered by that next golden egg. It never happened.
That actually led to site investigations, which led to a few discoveries, which let to massive delay. The issues with the Royal, cannot, in my opinion, be likened to anything at BMD.

USM never put down £30m as first dibs on naming rights, they put £30m down to fill a £29.75m shortfall in our accounts, where we'd of failed ffp otherwise. The money can only go in from the stadium without being subject to other rules within P&L.

USM may well have sponsored the stadium, who knows. But they never paid £30m to do so. It was all just a rouse. Had somebody with a bigger offer come in, USM would have conveniently refused first offer.

Bramley Moore has barely started - it's literally at the 0.1% stage, I wonder if maybe, just maybe we can seriously look at at piecemeal redevelopment of Goodison again? I had a strong feeling BMD was heavily dependent on Usmanov and given our current predicament on the pitch, which will not end any time soon, I just wonder...

Forum readers are always looking for genuine ITK's for info on signings.

Imagine if we had a weird subset looking for the scoop on how massive construction projects financed for a company owned by a billionaire.

This thread seems to be awash with those types of poster.

We're truly blessed that you all so willingly share your insider knowledge.

Thanks.

Bramley Moore has barely started - it's literally at the 0.1% stage, I wonder if maybe, just maybe we can seriously look at at piecemeal redevelopment of Goodison again? I had a strong feeling BMD was heavily dependent on Usmanov and given our current predicament on the pitch, which will not end any time soon, I just wonder...

You’re right, buying land, hiring an architect, designing it, getting planning permission, infilling a dock, and starting to lay foundations

That’s about 0.1%

You’re right, buying land, hiring an architect, designing it, getting planning permission, infilling a dock, and starting to lay foundations

That’s about 0.1%
Good job they have started fabrication work off site ready to just drop in place. Oh wait a minute….

If this had an ounce of viability and a cheaper option than BMD, I’m absolutely sure it would have been the option to be selected in the first place. So why would the club now write off the many many millions ploughed into the new stadium to pursue an option that was clearly perceived as less viable in the first instance?

No, not this again!