Chris Kavanagh

Status
Not open for further replies.
With every Pundit, every man and his dog seeing that it was an obvious penalty there has to be repercussions. Kavanagh has to be suspended or demoted for such a ridiculous decision and the 'born in Manchester' and 'Brother being a City season ticket holder' surely has to stop him officiating any Manchester game. Oh! and hating Everton should ban him from all Everton games. He will be punished but that doesn't help us

We have to take this on the chin, as blatant as it was. If VAR had been around in 97/98 we would have been relegated then.
bolton-s-disallowed-goal-against-everton-in-1997-988737850.jpg

We have to take this on the chin, as blatant as it was. If VAR had been around in 97/98 we would have been relegated then.
View attachment 157388
That was one incident in that season that favoured us but like you said if VAR was around back in the days then the history of football would be changed. We would have been in the 77 cup final, we would have had a penalty and a sending off in the 84 league cup final. The point of VAR was to eradicate these bad decisions yet it seems to be adding to it

Its baffling that its not a requirement tbh.

I dont buy all this "he supports Marine FC" bollox - regardless he'll have some kind of affiliation or dislike of one of or both Everton/Liverpool its only natural.
It’s amazing how many top flight refs have lower league affiliations isn’t it. These are the gimps who had to be referring by their mid teens to climb the ladder but sure they’re all Fans of lower league clubs aren’t they.

That was one incident in that season that favoured us but like you said if VAR was around back in the days then the history of football would be changed. We would have been in the 77 cup final, we would have had a penalty and a sending off in the 84 league cup final. The point of VAR was to eradicate these bad decisions yet it seems to be adding to it
Fair point, thanks for digging up 77, ruined my day already.?

Is anyone surprised? The league resisted VAR until they realised it could be yet another tool to manufacture results for sky's scripts. And this is exactly how its been used, time after time, to keep the sky brands near the top for Europe or create excitement in a title race that sells.
Var facilitates cheating when it’s meant to eradicate cheating. It’s almost Orwellian.

I’m not offended by it, I just think it’s cringe to be saying it a long time after the match has finished, about two hours ago in fact. Can’t be using heat of the moment as an excuse.
What are you on about when did I ever say it was heat of the moment for calling that cheat in the VAR a maggot . It’s now Sunday morning and he’s still a cheating maggot ok or should we just take it and get patted on the head like we have done for years .Let’s look at this way if that penalty decision have gone against Utd city or Liverpool the outcry would be unbearable but we should just accept it GTF were in a massive relagation fight .klopp and pep would be screaming the house down if this happened to them and rightly so cos we got cheated.

View attachment 157388

That's not var really it's goal line technology, where there is no human factor and is the one thing in this game that has been a success. I pity anyone playing Liverpool or Man City from now on, Sky tv want another unbeaten run in, cliffhanger from both of them, it makes great tv. Liverpool got two pens last week I think.

That's not var really it's goal line technology, where there is no human factor and is the one thing in this game that has been a success. I pity anyone playing Liverpool or Man City from now on, Sky tv want another unbeaten run in, cliffhanger from both of them, it makes great tv. Liverpool got two pens last week I think.
And one of them penalties was a handball hit at the player ironically. Would we get such facilitating. I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.