Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford are gone, Norwich may still have a spark left in them but have it tough in terms of games, Burnley and Newcastle will survive, Leeds will get wins when they play well. Brentford are in trouble.

As for us, it all depends on what we do, no-one else.

I'd say Watford, Brentford and Norwich to go.
People said Burnley were gone the other day. No team is out of it yet. My biggest concern is that our hope stems from the Leeds and Brentford games but in reality those are the two out of form teams in the league at the moment.

Our next actual winnable game is wolves and they will be playing with no pressure at all. Its not looking too good if I'm honest. Looking at the remaining fixtures I'd say we are bang in trouble

I've just been through all the fixtures and I have us surviving by a point.
I have it in this order

Leeds 39
Newcastle 38
Everton 37
Burnley 36

Brentford 36
Watford 32
Norwich 29

This is just taking into account the difficulty of the fixtures remaining and average points based on likelihood. Brentford go down to Burnley on goal difference

Watford are gone, Norwich may still have a spark left in them but have it tough in terms of games, Burnley and Newcastle will survive, Leeds will get wins when they play well. Brentford are in trouble.

As for us, it all depends on what we do, no-one else.

I'd say Watford, Brentford and Norwich to go.

Why do people keep saying things like this? A couple of weeks ago everyone was saying Burnley were “gone”, before that it was Newcastle. Stop writing off teams that can go to within 1 point of us with one win. Burnley had won one game all season and now they’ve pulled back to back wins out of their arse and are within 2 points off us with a better goal difference.

People said Burnley were gone the other day. No team is out of it yet. My biggest concern is that our hope stems from the Leeds and Brentford games but in reality those are the two out of form teams in the league at the moment.

Our next actual winnable game is wolves and they will be playing with no pressure at all. Its not looking too good if I'm honest. Looking at the remaining fixtures I'd say we are bang in trouble
Wolves desperate to get in Europe

Better swig the bleach now then why wait for a winnable game ….. unless you realise that actually every game is winnable even with our bunch of rollercoaster confidence tricksters…. Especially home games

Are next winnable game is man city. Cheers

Games against the other clubs down near the bottom are obviously important, but ‘bonus’ points against trickier opposition can be vital in the run in. Not only is this arithmetically useful, it also takes the edge off apparent six-pointers.
At the risk of being a grim self-quoter…what Burnley did last night is what keeps sides up. Bonus three points from a team that’s none of your business and not fellow relegation fodder. Pressure creeping up on your rivals…

Why do people keep saying things like this? A couple of weeks ago everyone was saying Burnley were “gone”, before that it was Newcastle. Stop writing off teams that can go to within 1 point of us with one win. Burnley had won one game all season and now they’ve pulled back to back wins out of their arse and are within 2 points off us with a better goal difference.
But we will probably spark into life when it’s too late, and our fate is not in our hands.

We are sleepwalking into this make no mistake.

We simply must wake up and fight… I just don’t think they can.

We are gone! Hopefully saying that means we start picking up points ?

Watford looked abysmal today for me.

But I’ve got equal caution, for me my concern is, if Brentford get a few wins that really has us peddling. That Brentford game at Goodison could be huge, biggest game at Goodison for years.
I think Brentford are done, they have the look of a team that has run out of both ideas and steam. I'm fairly sure they'll go down with Watford and the third place will be taken by Burnley, Norwich, Leeds or Everton.

Bullseye. No-ones down and they're all thinking if Everton go in the bottom 3 they'll cave in and never get out of it.

Everyone of those teams has got more fight than we have. 1pt away since Oct 2.

Somehow we've got to hope this toxic bunch of mercenaries, injury ravaged, psychologically fragile multi-millionaires can get us some wins at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.