Match Thread Southampton v Everton Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought process was that we cant afford two strikers at Soton if we want to ensure they don't score first. DCL is just coming back so Richy seems the obvious one todrop to me. DCL has better hold up play as a target up front and Richy has only done well once this season in that role, to my recollection. I'd defo have him on at 60 mins.
Also Lampard did not bite on the 'keep a winning team' comments in the presser. I cannot see Mykolenko coming back in right after Covid. Most of the 11 did enough to impress last week and it would be cruel to drop any of them but Soton away is a much different proposition to Leeds at home.
Dele showed some glimpses of what could come from him and might be able to create something for DCL, Iwobi and Gordon with his runs and passing. He would also allow VDB and Allan to lie a bit deeper.
I agree its harsh on Richy and he would likely sulk, but its all about points at this stage. Playing well and 0 points takes away our ability to be more adventurous later in the coming weeks.
I'd take Richarlison at left wing over Iwobi any day though. Iwobi played well, but still can't see him scoring a goal anytime soon. Richarlison will always give you the workrate & goal threat wherever you play him.
Also with him hitting some form of late he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
Thank god you are not Lampard hahaha

1645199459812.png

we have given up lol

I'd take Richarlison at left wing over Iwobi any day though. Iwobi played well, but still can't see him scoring a goal anytime soon. Richarlison will always give you the workrate & goal threat wherever you play him.
Also with him hitting some form of late he should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
Thank god you are not Lampard hahaha
I think the reason why Iwobi may get the nod is nearly all the recent past managers have said how well he trains and Frank has only really seen him do this and not yet enough in full games.

Status
Not open for further replies.