New Everton Stadium Discussion

Now there's some actual materials and stuff being built on the site it does look a bit snug. ?

Deffo fits a hockey pitch Azza but I've just spoken to Billy who is the security fella and let's the Lorry's in and he's confirmed part of the stadium will need to be built on a moving ferry. So only 15 minutes of the 90 will be seen by the West Stand fans as it floats by.

Not many fans get to see their club build a stadium that they will play in for generations to come. Younger fans will only know Everton playing at the docks and won’t ever understand just how exciting these times are for us.

Living history this.
true, but they also wont know the great days/evenings when the Old Lady was a bouncing rocking bear pit of a place, mixed emotions here

Anyone seen any mention of lifts or escalators in the new gaff ? I ask because a woman who used to sit near me in the MS can't manage the stairs anymore but hasn't given up her ST in the hope she might improve. Also I regularly help a chap down the stairs after the game by carrying his crutches while he grips the handrail. There must be quite a few people like this who need a bit of help but are not wheelchair bound.

Anyone seen any mention of lifts or escalators in the new gaff ? I ask because a woman who used to sit near me in the MS can't manage the stairs anymore but hasn't given up her ST in the hope she might improve. Also I regularly help a chap down the stairs after the game by carrying his crutches while he grips the handrail. There must be quite a few people like this who need a bit of help but are not wheelchair bound.

Have you told them the top balc has escalators? Also - if you're struggling or not mobile, the club has spaces for fans who are not disabled, but need easy access (front row of the park end though).

All new stadiums will be incredible accessible so I can imagine there will at least be lifts.

The orders for the lifts/escalators has already been signed off for the firm i work for,

A proper Blue! Know you are not looking for praise etc but it warms the Heart!

Hoping someone will do the same for me one day!

Interesting point, I’ve seen specific access points for registered disabled, but there must be some consideration for those who are a little frail or unsteady on their feet.
As a side topic, two of my older relatives have said they will not ‘move’ to the new ground and the last game at Goodison will be their last.
Has anyone else heard that said?