Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing thats concering me is should we stay up - who do we have actively scouting players and working on deals to take players out of the club?

With all the players out of contract this summer, we should be able to spend on some players that can defend?

Just need to survive the drop and keep Lampard happy I guess.

Lascellas typified everything we miss in our defence last night. Full blooded in the challenges, powerhouse.
Not saying we should sign him, but the profile we should search for. Only Mina compares to him but his injury record is getting worse than James Rodriquez

Lascellas typified everything we miss in our defence last night. Full blooded in the challenges, powerhouse.
Not saying we should sign him, but the profile we should search for. Only Mina compares to him but his injury record is getting worse than James Rodriquez
No matter how bad we are Lascelles is still pretty terrible. Didn't we try signing a similar profile when we got Ashley Williams?

So Iceland, Delph, Kenny, tosun Lonergan out of contract right? Surely they will all go. Next on the hitlist should be Rondon and Gbammin then Holgate and Keane, after that Iwobi and Gomes. Can we shift all that this summer?

OOT:

DCL: £70-75 Million (100k a week)

Mina: £15-20 million (100k a week)

Holgate: £6-8 million (50k a week)

Gbamin: Loan

Delph: out of contract (80k a week)

Toshun: out of contract (80k a week)

Siggurdsson: out of contract (100k a week)

Kenny: out of contract (20k a week)

IN:

1x CF
2x CB
2x CM
1x RW

Big rebuild this summer for me.

From Billy Beane (Moneyball):

"The day you say, 'I have to do something,' you're in trouble. Because you are going to make a bad deal. You can always recover from the player you didn't sign. You may never recover from the player you signed at the wrong price."
Qualified agree from me. Baseball doesn't have relegation, so there's no reason for a GM to ever 'have to do something' unless the GM's job is under threat. American GMs make bad deals gambling the club's money on saving their job all the time, as well as when they are named Isiah Thomas.

Beane is absolutely correct that overpays kill clubs.

OOT:

DCL: £70-75 Million (100k a week)

Mina: £15-20 million (100k a week)

Holgate: £6-8 million (50k a week)

Gbamin: Loan

Delph: out of contract (80k a week)

Toshun: out of contract (80k a week)

Siggurdsson: out of contract (100k a week)

Kenny: out of contract (20k a week)

IN:

1x CF
2x CB
2x CM
1x RW

Big rebuild this summer for me.
Selling DCL and/or Richarlison will help fund a rebuild but if we drop we'd be forced to sell at lower prices making everything so much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.