Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what
I disagree I think the team thought they were unbeatable after Saturday ,they just don't learn there are no easy games .
We were unlucky losing Mina after Godfrey . I think they should just practice passing ,they were shocking last night .How someone getting so much money cannot pass a ball 5 yards or pass it to the player instead of behind or too far in front beggars belief.
They should be made to watch their own passing for many hours every time this happens until they are as sick of it as us .
I gave MOM to Gordon as he was the best by far ,I thought VDB was a class above the rest of the midfield and deserves a mention ,he had so much more control than the other clowns .
What you said about their pay levels is exactly what sickens me. There are people surviving on half of what they get in a week to last them a year. It is horrendous how bad they are at basics of playing football and their complete lack of passion for this Club

This loss is entirely on the players. Any team can be beaten but with us, it’s the way we lose that is so disgraceful.

It’s the same culprits time and time again, Keane, Holgate, Gomes…. Coleman (who needs to be phased out now - he's finished)!! They’re not fit for purpose, and they’ve show that under 3/4 managers now. Gutless, spineless, mentally weak players who wilt the moment something doesn’t go their way or it gets too hard and we can bring in new managers every season all we like, they’ll always struggle because the majority of our players are losers. Luckily for them Benitez was a bigger problem and took the focus off them for 6 months but it’s right back on them now and some!!

I’ve tried to convince myself that we’re too good to go down, or at the very least that there are 3 worse teams in the league but the fact we are now reliant on these gutless wage stealers due to a farcical injury crisis and shocking player recruitment (seriously, why waste a domestic loan on a winger we didn’t need when we have cowards in defence who can’t defend and our only decent CB has legs made of chipsticks)… I can only see this ending one way because the thing the teams around us have is fight, and graft. Look at Newcastle tonight… ASM aside they weren’t blessed with amazing talent, but they won every 50/50, they worked their socks off, they were aggressive and they smelled blood. Burnley will do the same. These teams will fight for their lives whilst our players swan around the pitch like they’re above this sort of thing.. and yes, Shelvey should have had a red card, yes we lost two key players to injury and had to make subs early, that does all factor in but still, these players are playing for premierleague survival and with 17 games to go they look like they’ve already given up.

If Lampard didn’t know how big a task he had on his hands before last night he certainly does now. It’s not about ability – they’re all premierleage footballers, they clearly have ability – it’s about mentality and heart and sadly, these players have proved time and time again the lack in both departments.

get shut asap.

One major Newcastle destroyed us last night in the 2nd half Maxim their winger - Coleman did a reasonable job on him in the first half - 2nd half our defence could not live with him - they could not control him - it was a blast from the past of a George Best style performance......
our defence / midfield could not get near him far too slow disorganised no method of stopping him destroying us .....

when I seen us play against Best - we needed four players to stop him as splashes for the ball anywhere on the pitch quick!y......

he showed how slow our defence is at the back p!us midfield in alarming way sadly .....

Wasn’t a pretty watch but the injuries early on gave frank nowhere to go really.
Woluld have liked to have seen DCL on and Richie wide when gray went off could have done with an out ball that could stick.

Never thought this dam bloody club would effect my head as much as this morning.
I was expecting too much,maybe, but I hate to say this Newcastle from their daft fans to their players got everything right last night.
I mean one was dressed as a t-rex
Can't see our fans putting that much effort into it,we're to hip for that.
No I'm not blaming the fans.
But these home games ,we need to make it a bear pit ,and push the team over the line.

Never thought this dam bloody club would effect my head as much as this morning.
I was expecting too much,maybe, but I hate to say this Newcastle from their daft fans to their players got everything right last night.
I mean one was dressed as a t-rex
Can't see our fans putting that much effort into it,we're to hip for that.
No I'm not blaming the fans.
But these home games ,we need to make it a bear pit ,and push the team over the line.
This squad has depressed me for so long. Why do I keep putting my love and passion into a shower of overpaid spineless Muppets.

Glass half full- take the Goodison factor from last week out, not having a proper LB, our best CB going off, our best attacking player of the season going off, Alan playing 2 matches in 4 days, with Doucs out having no one to mark up ASM, Gomes and Keane as part of the spine and brains trust, a manager finding his way through this swamp of a squad - and 3-1away looks like a par score

Last edited:
Calmed down a bit now and at least there was something there in terms of game plan, but we once again let our heads go down and reverted to a team of strangers. Lampard's got a lot of work to do.

So we're back to hating everyone and everything again are we?

We have problems that you cant just click your fingers at and they go away.

I also think that crowd gave them another level last night, they were playing a team who they could potentially catch with new signings in the squad, under the lights and they smelt blood. They were their 12th man for sure and our players went to jelly. I think Newcastle with ASM in that form would havegiven anyone a game last night.

We need to remain calm and let Lampard work with them. We also need a way of getting DCL into the team and if Gray is out for Leeds I would go DCL, Richarlison and Gordon and lets get some goals.

I hate this knobhead team.
Yes , but you have to analyse where it went wrong - old players shoehorned in not just at right back, but left back & their winger was on fire in the 2nd half we could not live with him - take him out of their team what did they have - about the same as us ..... the pace of that guy destroyed us we could not live with him Holgate looked lost his pace has gone, Keene has no pace neither has Coleman nor Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.