Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is similar to when people declared Holgate the saviour of humanity a couple of years ago, only worse. Gordon is decent with potential, thats about it. All our wingers bar Iwobi are better than him.
loel.gif

I never said £20m. I just gave some context. Getting very defensive about your own flawed argument.
I made the mistake of not realising he had 6months left. And thanks for pointing that out. Still doesn’t change the fact, that no prem clubs thought he was worth a cheap gamble, shows how far he had fallen as a player.

Just to add context, we got 15mil for Barkley with 6months left

What a preposterous statement to make. He isnt as good as Gray now and you have no idea if he ever will be.
Townsend assists and scores more than Gordon does. Thats what we need right now. Being localish and homegrown wins us zero points. I like Anthony, but this here is sillytalk.

yer gray is on a different level to gordon at the minute, but i don't think it's silly to say gordon is better than townsend myself.

apart from being a really good striker of the ball i'd say gordon offers ALOT more in games than what townsend does as well.

towsend has only scored 3 league goals as well hasnt he? one of which is a pen ( so same numbers as gordon )

long way to go for gordon but he's deffo been one of our better performers this season

I mean I named we both named the 3 players who have been better than him all season.

Townsend, Gray and Richarlison, all 3 are players that have shown up all season and in past seasons.

The whole game Gordon has? His digits are quite bad, but im not going to use them as a stick, as I said, hes played great the last few games, just needs to get his digits up and who knows.

Lots of people on here are excited about Gordon, again, the last few games have got me onboard, I needed to see more than just running around and whilst, again, his digits still arent great, you can see that he just needs a bit more coaching and well, who knows. Hows that for knowledge.

As for England, for sure if he keeps putting in the work, but there are a number of talented young England players floating around, so hes probably going to have to work on, yes, you guessed it, his digits.

In short, Gordon is doing great, but hes not been our best player this season, IMO and I doubt many would agree, do a poll plantpot.
"Digits".

Here's a digit for you ?

He's been our best player ALL season. Gray and that lad have been the only sparks of invention in this team all season, and now Gordon is pulling away from Gray in his consistency to provide quality in every game.

England international before this time next season.

He's been good for us though, and lots of clubs will now be wishing they had signed him for £2m, so I have no idea what point you're trying to make here.
The point was, I made a comment that imo that Gordon will go on the be better than gray. Amd some called that preposterous lol.

Like Gray was some world class winger we had signed for huge money . And I was pointing out he was sold on the cheap and couldn’t get a game at Leicester, because of Marc Allbrighton.

And everything is easy in hindsight. I wonder how many on here were screaming for us to sign him last January for 2mil. Not many I bet

The point was, I made a comment that imo that Gordon will go on the be better than gray. Amd some called that preposterous lol.

Like Gray was some world class winger we had signed for huge money . And I was pointing out he was sold on the cheap and couldn’t get a game at Leicester, because of Marc Allbrighton.

And everything is easy in hindsight. I wonder how many on here were screaming for us to sign him last January for 2mil. Not many I bet
Well it's not preposterous that Gordon will be better than Gray so I agree with you there, but it seems like you just want to bash Gray to highlight how good Gordon is which is a weird but pretty common tactic. I don't really think it matters whether people advocated signing Gray previously or not, we can only judge him on what he's done since he's been here and for me he's been our player of the season (up until now) by so far that nobody else is even in the frame. I just don't really see why how much Leicester sold him for is in any way relevant but you crack on.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of not realising he had 6months left. And thanks for pointing that out. Still doesn’t change the fact, that no prem clubs thought he was worth a cheap gamble, shows how far he had fallen as a player.

Just to add context, we got 15mil for Barkley with 6months left

But Barkley was a bigger talent than Gray? Think you’ve gotten lost in your own point here.

What we need right now is to start building a team that will be significatly better than the one we have now by the time we move in to the new stadium in a couple of years. Gordon is only 20 so he's far from reaching his peak and he's only going to improve with game time. Lampard likes bringing younger players through so I suspect Gordon will get plenty of chances to show what he can do.
Whether that means Gordon or Townsend will get more games this season remains to be seen but knowing Lampard's track record, I reckon Gordon could edge it.

Theres a number of 'core' players who fit into the 'right' age brackets:

Gordon, Branthwaite, Dobbin, Onyango, Patterson, Mykolenko, Nkounkou would be the younger group.

The remainder would be:

Pickford, Godfrey, Holgate, Gray, Richarlison, DCL, (edit forgot Dele).

Thats 14 if we keep those players in the squad.

I've checked via social media and it's not a full moon, so I'm at a loss to understand some of the debates going on in here.

As @Lanolin suggested, what's gone on beforehand with Gray and why he's been cheap is irrelevant. We've bought him for £2m and it looks a steal, happy days.

Gordon has come on leaps and bounds, but for me he currently isn't as good as Gray. If he does go on to be, happy days. More so if Gray cost us £2m.

Let's be happy, aye?

Theres a number of 'core' players who fit into the 'right' age brackets:

Gordon, Branthwaite, Dobbin, Onyango, Patterson, Mykolenko, Nkounkou would be the younger group.

The remainder would be:

Pickford, Godfrey, Holgate, Gray, Richarlison, DCL, (edit forgot Dele).

Thats 14 if we keep those players in the squad.
We'd be lucky to get 3 of that younger cohort as first team regulars, and Richarlison and DCL are hardly certain to be here next season...especially the former.

If VDB is a success that might get turned into a permanent.

If this Brazilian fella is any good tonight maybe we can scout him and make an offer if they end up relegated. He's not going to want to play 1-2 years in the. Championship at 25 years old.

If this Brazilian fella is any good tonight maybe we can scout him and make an offer if they end up relegated. He's not going to want to play 1-2 years in the. Championship at 25 years old.
He might if he's on a very good wage, which you suspect he might be. If he is, it'll depend on who will match said wage, which I suspect others won't.

If they do get relegated, it'll e interested to see how their finances pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.