2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to formulate a few thoughts here.

Interesting choice of manager. Slightly different profile for Moshiri. We've not had the 'relatively recently retired big name ex player at the start of their managerial career'. I say this half in jest, but I do wonder if he's looked at Villa and thought "that looks the way".

On that note, he's still learning. I'd expect errors and missteps. We aren't the most patient. On the other hand, hopefully he is open to innovation and learning from his mistakes. Stubbornness or sticking to 'dinosaur' tactics have been a leitmotif running through manager threads in recent times.

It's fair to say I'm approaching this appointment with caution.

He was a lot better than decent mate!
Only as good as he was because he trained long after many of his team mates.
It's certainly something that seems to be missing at Everton play grit and determination to win. Myself think it's the best managerial risk we've taken.

Glad he asked Big Dunc to stay both wore their hearts on sleeves one was better with their head mind.

If he manages to impress even half of his attitude on the players, we will have a genius in our hands.

The player Lampard was a hard working footballer not only trust in his talent, always tried to improve.

Saw a little docu about him on german youtube. He lost his mother, days before a champions league semi-final against the RS. He decided to play and scores.
Respect.

I hope I’m wrong but it seems like it’s going to be a bad buy. I don’t know much I’ve only seen one game but he was a buy from a previous manager who lasted a week he’s been here. That’s gotta be a record.

We were linked with him multiple times before Benitez. Not sure Benitez even knew who he was from the quotes at the time.

He has signed 2 players of similar ilk to himself. Players who can score and more importantly players that can ghost into space and make angled runs into space. Movement is something we have not seen from our midfield for a long time. If Lampard can get these players up for it then our attacking will improve instantly. If our full backs are able to push on then I can see us keeping possession better than usual. Still slightly wary of the defences ability to prevent goals though.

Franks appointment as manager 'feels' good.

I was wrong about Rafael though.

This time, based upon the managerial pole, it looks like the fan base has got it's man.

If this goes belly up, it will be interesting to see how the alter egos, of many on here, react.

C'mon Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.