Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Sam Allardyce was the lowest point in our history and certainly the lowest point in my time as a fan of the club which dates back to the late sixties. However if it was a choice between Fat Sam and this man I would be saying “Welcome home Fat Man, pull up a chair”.

You said a 94% vote on GOT meant the crowd wouldn't get behind him. That's what I replied to. I argued *against* that point.

I argued that the crowd would be behind him regardless of a GOT poll. The same way the crowd gets behind pretty much any Everton manager. Even Benitez got a good welcome early on with the Goodison crowd behind him. Everybody in the crowd wants the manager to do well as that means Everton do well. They get behind their manager.

I then made a separate but linked point about how I believed a managerial appointment doesn't have to fire up the fanbase to be succesful or get the crowd behind them. That's how conversation works....different but relevant points or opinions on the subject come into play.
No mate I was replying to someone who was saying he would be a good appointment BECAUSE he would have the crowd behind him but as you’ve just said yourself that wouldn’t apply to him any more than it would to anyone else that’s all I was saying if I’d known I was going to have to explain it all night I’d have not pressed post.

Status
Not open for further replies.