Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading some Turkish fans tweets. They mostly saying if he gets left alone, he'll do a good job. There's always been interference at Fenerbache.

Seems the Fenerbache fans didn't want him to go, feel is was the board getting on at him, and are saying "look, he's got a bigger job now".

Unless I've misunderstood it.

Ah that’s ok. Seems they only dislike him because of his awful results. I’m reassured!

Why though? The reasons we presumably were interested back then are probably the same. There’s something about his profile that appeals to the Everton hierarchy. He won’t have just lost that in a few years. I’d much rather we were going for a longer term target than just knee jerking at the next shiny name to appear (which Rooney would have been)
"Few years?"

You mean nine years and five years? That's a long, long time in football.

I'm not knee-jerking. I think it'd be a terrible appointment for where Everton are right now. Like the last one was.

The lunatics in charge of this thing don't have a clue and they're entire advice is coming from a proven club-killer in Kia J.

We've had proven managers in the past (Carlo, Benitez, Koeman, Allardyce), we've also took a gamble on managers who're supposed to be up and coming (Roberto, Silva), yet they all failed. Some of the worst football I've watched was under the most proven managers, Carlo included.

Whoever comes in has a tough job to do, but the easiest thing to predict is that he will fail, as all of them before him have. For me, the most important thing that needs to happen before the club moves forward is Kenwright to leave. Until then, it will no doubt be a few more managers taking the flack, while the happy clappers sit tight and wait for a miracle.

Mate, are you really surprised that people are even at this stage digging their heels in on another Everton potential manager?

Since Moyes left there has been nothing but division and obstruction thrown in the path of every appointment.

I swear to God that there's a generation of Everton fans weaned on Moyes' hoofball who still look up to him as the dad who ran out on them, and they reject all the other step dads who've enetered the house since.

It's 'kin tragic. Grown men acting like this.
Vitor Perreira doesn't play sexy football, Dave.

But it's not about that. It's looking at and going, does Vitor Pereira have the relative attributes to come in right now and look like a manager who can sort us out? I look at his career and go 'no chance'. And then you dig into the reasons why he's even been considered? Is it because they interviewed him in 2013? Is it because Kia J wants to line his pockets (like in the Munich scenario?).

Look, I'm not a massive fan of Kovac but Christ he does at least have more relevant experience of taking an underperforming team than Pereira does.

Just reading some Turkish fans tweets. They mostly saying if he gets left alone, he'll do a good job. There's always been interference at Fenerbache.

Seems the Fenerbache fans didn't want him to go, feel is was the board getting on at him, and are saying "look, he's got a bigger job now".

we've had a few claim Benitez was the victim here as well....

I would pay little heed.

Surely this is a wind-up. Pereira is exactly what we dont need, another foreigner with no knowledge of EFC, the Premier League, England or who Ken Dodd was. But above all, he's been a bad manager a lot longer than when he was a good manager, just like Rafael.

Benitez had the worst record for an Everton manager since the Doomesday Book and now this.
Don't care what country he's from mate. It's his record that worries me. Still, if he's who we get, he's who we get. Wouldn't be my choice, but, I hope we can àll get behind him.

Of course not. But why are we even contemplating such catastrophic scenarios?

That's where Everton supporters have been dragged down to: immediately the hackles are up and doubt and opposition is displayed to an incoming manager - and it DOES have an impact on players, offering them an easy way out to down tools.

Is it that hard now to hand managers a chance beyond a few games?

Surely you see fan reaction now as a major issue at this club?

Fan reaction as a major issue? If you mean fans cottoning onto a board not fit for purpose and not one inch leeway should be given to that board as they have proved time and time again they are so far out of touch with the fanbase, the yeah if you call that kind of fan reaction an issue then good on you.

Why are we contemplating such issues??? Oh I don't know Dave, maybe it's because we've been on a disastrous run since the start of October and they seem to be taking advice from a parasite on who our next boss should be.

You know, it sets the alarm bells ringing just a little.

Thing with those. You could literally be reading the fenerbache version of davek.

Status
Not open for further replies.