Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa fan in peace...

Reading through this thread is interesting. My gut feeling is Everton won't go down, you are too big, but looking at the results and remaining fixtures I understand the concern.

I am really surprised with where the blame is being pointed to though. RB was the wrong manager but he was only manager for a few months. I just don't see how he could be blamed for the current situation. My outsider view is that the issue lies with Denise Barrett-Baxendale. Every company needs a CEO that puts the structure and strategy in place and makes sure the management team deliver this. Managerial appointments, transfers, transfer strategy and financials all look to be a mess. Yes, you need a new manager quickly to avoid relegation but that is just a bandaid to cover up the problems imo. Next year will be just as bad, if not worse until the right CEO and management team are put in place. A challenge with this is that Moshiri doesn't want a strong CEO and he wants to play games with Everton FC like its his latest toy. The danger with this is he may get bored of his new toy and stop the investment.

Tough times, I don't like to see any club go through this sort of shyte. Best of luck with getting a new manager.

Last edited:
Villa fan in peace...

Reading through this thread is interesting. My gut feeling is Everton won't go down, you are too big, but looking at the results and remaining fixtures I understand the concern.

I am really surprised with where the blame is being pointed to though. RB was the wrong manager but he was only manager for a few months. I just don't see how he could be blamed for the current situation. My outsider view is that the issue lies with Denise Barrett-Baxendale. Every company needs a CEO that puts the structure and strategy in place and makes sure the management team deliver this. Managerial appointments, transfers, transfer strategy and financials all look to be a mess. Yes, you need a new manager quickly to avoid relegation but that is just a bandaid to cover up the problems imo. Next year will be just as bad, if not worse until the right CEO and management team are put in place. A challenge with this is that Moshiri doesn't want a strong CEO and he wants to play games with Everton FC like its his latest toy. The danger with this is he may get bored of his new toy and stop the investment.

Tough times, I don't like to see any club go through this sort of shyte. Best of luck with getting a new manager.
We'll be alright. We're not a yo-yo club like Villa.

70 years unbroken top flight club.

Villa fan in peace...

I’m sure we will be ok, i‘m confident we won’t go down. But there are a lot of big issues to sort out here and now, let’s hope they get sorted out quickly.

We'll be alright. We're not a yo-yo club like Villa.

70 years unbroken top flight club.
Shame really Villa fans won’t care, but I use to quite like Villa now they have that manager they are near the bottom of my list of don’t mind team. How smug he was yesterday I can’t wait until he has that smug look taken away it will happen.

Looking forward to my season ticket renewal email tomorrow.

Why not? Grounds I haven't been yet down there.
The best thing about the Championship is midweek games and all games are on iFollow. You can play Sat-Tue-Sat and pick up 9 points in 8 days. More league football is much more enjoyable than watching City et al in Europe and waste of time internationals

Can’t believe there’s still blind fans thinking we won’t go down

We’re done

Busted flush

Zero fight and a team void of goals

Villa fan in peace...

Spot on

Totally disagree though, we’re looking a dead cert to go down

Teams full of rats with no fight

Interesting understanding of yo-yo. You do know that a yo-yo repeatedly goes up and down?

just ignore him

there are a lot of similarities between us under Moshiri and Villa under Lerner so far, big spending for a while, but not really improving too much, employing a rivals loved manager

i just hope we don't go down but i'm not optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.