Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes into account the quality of the chances created.

Someone can put me through clean 1 on 1 and I can hit it off target, doesn't mean a good chance wasn't created.

DCL, Mina, Richarlison and Gray all had efforts they should have at least got on goal.
But they didn’t, so it’s totally irrelevant what a stat says should happen

The emphasis is because we didn't test their goalkeeper. Thats a pretty basic metric of whether a team looks likely to score.

The set up was identical to Benitez. Long ball 442. Townsend accommodated to the detriment of the side. No quality at full back to give service to our forwards. Outnumbered in the middle of the park by a side with the extra man.

Yeah maybe we had slightly more intensity. But what was the difference? It was more of the same to me in a game that was there for the taking.

They cleared one off the line?!

And to those crying how he got it 'badly wrong' and 'complete disaster', 'cant defend that lineup' etc - maybe offer an opinion on what you'd have done differently.
You should rewatch the post match interview with gerrard. They had this game figured out for pretty much the full game. The hoofing and crossing by us in the 2nd half didnt hide the fact that Villa let us do that. They got the goal and switched off. They cut through our midfield at will. Gray ran around headless. It was a fight but a huge mess. No more 442.

Not convinced on Mykolenko myself, said before the game and I'll say again I'd not be throwing him in if we can avoid it. Obviously very early days - but apparently he had a back strain which kept him out today anyway.

With regards to the last comment - not at all chief - just acknowledging you wetting the bed over a caretaker manager who has had 4 days prep, and a performance that wasn't that bad.

Ah ok.

Four days prep is plenty of time to plan set pieces. I see you don't refer to that and simply the LB.

Its not like Ferguson hasn't been round the place and knows the players is it.
Your talking like he's just walked in the building.

And as for bed wetting, ive said for months this is the worst team we've had for a while and sleep walking into relegation.

If it was anyone other than Ferguson my bet is even you would be criticising the performance. But it's big dunc and he's only had four days.

You should rewatch the post match interview with gerrard. They had this game figured out for pretty much the full game. The hoofing and crossing by us in the 2nd half didnt hide the fact that Villa let us do that. They got the goal and switched off. They cut through our midfield at will. Gray ran around headless. It was a fight but a huge mess. No more 442.

We can’t go with a 442 no more. Being outnumbered in midfield is hurting us. Gray is better in a 433. DCL thru the middle & Richie on the other side. We need to win the midfield, teams are finding it too easy.

If we continue to play 2 in midfield we will go down - it's that simple. I don't care if that means playing a young player, it's better than the dreadful tactics we've seen all season.

I'm pretty upset that Dunc didn't recognise this and makes me pretty certain he's not the right person for the job. Townsend over Gordon I found totally baffling from someone like Dunc. If he isn't going to favour the young homegrown player, then what message does that send to the young players round the club.

He's been in the job for 4 days mate.

days.

c.
Come on. Hes been number 2 under the last 4 managers. He should know the colour of their crap of each individual by now. Know each and every aspect of the current squad.

He pumped them up for a fight, more than Rafael ever did but at expensive of some proper tactics and a plan. He just went back to what he implemented 3 years ago: 442.

Come on. Hes been number 2 under the last 4 managers. He should know the colour of their crap of each individual by now. Know each and every aspect of the current squad.

He pumped them up for a fight, more than Rafael ever did but at expensive of some proper tactics and a plan. He just went back to what he implemented 3 years ago: 442.

But he's not had time to prepare for set pieces mate. Or who is marking who.

No future playing football like this.
Richy, Gray and Gordon can play fast and direct on the floor but we kept playing in the air.

Bcoz Dom is his favorite son lol

If we continue to play 2 in midfield we will go down - it's that simple. I don't care if that means playing a young player, it's better than the dreadful tactics we've seen all season.

I have no idea why we've persisted with this for so long when it's obvious our midfield can't cope. We end up with two strikers isolated with virtually no creativity between them.

He absolutely destroyed any positivity going into the ground with that starting 11 you know, it was worse than some of Benitez’, he then wasted subs to rectify his error but still persisted with two in the middle.

Not buying this ‘4 days in the job’ shabite, he’s been there all season, he knows what doesnt work & two in the middle does not work.

Todays team should have been;

Pickford
Patterson Mina Godfrey Mykolenko
Doucoure Allan Gomes
Gordon Richarlison Gray​

DCL has been rushed back, that team gets three points.

Status
Not open for further replies.