Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The footy had
On another day we get a decent result there.

Honestly we need to stop being so melodramatic.
Completely disagree.

The bedsheets artists were getting called melodramatic and worse and they've been proven right. We are in a huge mess right now.

The club has 0 direction and nobody with a clue running the show.

It's the worst I've ever felt about us since the days of relegation battles when I was a youngster.

The footy had

Completely disagree.

The bedsheets artists were getting called melodramatic and worse and they've been proven right. We are in a huge mess right now.

It's the worst I've ever felt about us since the days of relegation battles when I was a youngster.

we deserved a draw mate

Going for a rookie manager in this situation would just be suicidal. Martinez would ensure relegation. I’d support Allardyce as interim until the end of the season. He’d edge us over the line. This lot can’t deal with proper football, I’m sorry the talent, intelligence and concentration just isn’t there to do it. We need a manager who will set us up sitting deep with a counter attack threat for the rest of the season.
This is all down to supporters like yourself supporting Benitez while we were sleepwalking into relegation.

You all should have joined us and demanded him out earlier. You all own a piece of this mess.

Cant agree. We had one effort on goal. Point was the very most we could have expected

With our one shot on target and hoof ball tactics? Give over.

I love Ferguson but hes just shown in that game why he should be no where near the management.

Villa got their goal and sat back because that's all they needed to do to get the 3 points.

We were terrible, if thats what being an everton play means to the players then were screwed.

Why the emphasis on one shot on target?

We had 15 attempts, 9 corners.

A good number of chances - had one cleared off the line, Richarlison's header, Mina's header, the cross Calvert-Lewin was on his heels for....

You can have 3 pens in a game, put them all wide - 0 shots on target but 3 bloody good chances aren't they?

Most blues I'm sure would share the view that we were unlucky to lose today.

They only had chances in last 10 mins of first half. We dominated second half. Should of t a point if not all 3.

Definitely mate.

The footy had

Completely disagree.

That's all well and good mate but my post was in the Duncan Ferguson caretaker manager thread and so, relevant to this thread - which is, there's some comments way OTT in terms of Duncan Ferguson and his one match.

A good number of chances - had one cleared off the line, Richarlison's header, Mina's header, the cross Calvert-Lewin was on his heels for....

You can have 3 pens in a game, put them all wide - 0 shots on target but 3 bloody good chances aren't they?

Definitely mate.

That's all well and good mate but my post was in the Duncan Ferguson caretaker manager thread and so, relevant to this thread - which is, there's some comments way OTT in terms of Duncan Ferguson and his one match.
The emphasis is because we didn't test their goalkeeper. Thats a pretty basic metric of whether a team looks likely to score.

The set up was identical to Benitez. Long ball 442. Townsend accommodated to the detriment of the side. No quality at full back to give service to our forwards. Outnumbered in the middle of the park by a side with the extra man.

Yeah maybe we had slightly more intensity. But what was the difference? It was more of the same to me in a game that was there for the taking.

And to those crying how he got it 'badly wrong' and 'complete disaster', 'cant defend that lineup' etc - maybe offer an opinion on what you'd have done differently.
I'm not that bothered about the teamsheet but what I would have liked to have seen done differently is Allan doucoure and gomes in a 3 and the 2 new fulls backs on the pitch instead of Holgate and Kenny. Also Gordon should have started.

No need to panic just yet. We still have the stench of that fat koppite all over the team. He’ll turn it around if given more than a couple of games.

Had the atributes to be a top player, but not the professionalism to make it so. The undoubted passion he has is not enough to mask his limited football knowledge. This ragtag bunch of players we currently have need a more football savvy guiding hand to get them playing as a team, and quickly. Leaving Ferguson in charge for a run of games could be catastrophic. We're staring into the abyss and I don't see the 'generals' within the club to stop the rot.

Definitely mate.

He gets them motivated but there was nothing that seemed like a plan when we were on the ball beyond hoofing and crossing to Dom.

Same thing as what I saw from him in his last spell in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.