Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing for me mate is this: Villa are bang average. We had a stadium buzzing and the players all focussed...and we looked clueless apart for once or twice.

This is beyond doubt a time of real concern.
Even last night I was saying it wasn't a relegation season - based on the view we'd have players back and we'd get a bump from a new man in the dugout.

That optimism has been steamrollered.
They've had the confidence knocked out of them by the constant turmoil under Benitez, they've forgotten how to win and they need to remember very quickly

We're in the scrap. Premier league survival is a must now. The managers being linked is alarming as they do not know how to navigate survival.

It's the end for the squad me thinks (Dom and Richy etc will all be sold), so it's getting them to perform to get out of the mess.

It's the worst it's been since the 90s. It's probably worse based on the squad

I think that's arguable. Particularly since half them have comfortably beaten us.
Watford and Newcastle have quality reinforcements and Norwich are playing a lot better under Dean Smith.
It's arguable but look at the odds. It's a 13% chance of going down. And loosing marginally to an improved midtable side can be expected for a team that likely will finish around 13th to 15th.

I beg this question though. Do people think it's more likely for us to go down this season, or a manager being installed without a director of football or club hierarchy, in avoiding this reality in the future. We got in this position by being exceptionally reactionary, having horrible process, staggering appointments, making poor signings.

If people want us to avoid the drop in coming seasons they might think it wise for the club to take its time and sort out the backroom first, than simply praying for a midseason savior who would overrule that whole process when we had an 87% chance of staying up.

We're in the scrap. Premier league survival is a must now. The managers being linked is alarming as they do not know how to navigate survival.

It's the end for the squad me thinks (Dom and Richy etc will all be sold), so it's getting them to perform to get out of the mess.

It's the worst it's been since the 90s. It's probably worse based on the squad

I'd take the same outcome as 1995

Yes. We are as prepared for it as we are everything else, which is to say not prepared at all.

It would mean Premier League debts and Premier League overheads with Championship revenues and a FFP framework that actually gets policed by the FA. So several years of Luton and Millwall getting all excited because Everton are in town.

Moshiri is hiding behind non-existent PL FFP ‘punishments’ because he thinks he’s spent too much on us already, hence the focus on constantly downgrading.

If the choice is between a non-existent FFP punishment in the prem, or a real one in the Championship, surely to God it’s obvious which one would we should take!

Many games left and a new manager and possibly other teams ahead of us go into freefall
So please dont panic and look doomed
We've got a head start on going into freefall. We're in a right trouble if any teams below us hit some form. If Newcastle spend wisely this window and Burnley cash in on some of their games in hand we'll be in as bad a situation as we were in the late 90's. And with VAR around we won't get lucky like we did at Bolton

Mathematically it is in our own hands but in reality I think we need some help from the teams around us i.e. They lose more than we do

Everyone connected with Everton over the last 30 years needs binning out the club, all this “we need people who understand Everton and the Everton way”… whatever, “Everton way”’ is to lose. We need people with no connection with this club to drag it kicking and screaming back to where we want to be. Sadly, I think we could be too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.