Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a feeling there wouldn’t be the same bounce this time round. We’re so reliant on Richy and DCL and both are massively off it. Not our worst performance of the season but a decent team would have beaten that Villa side. They are definitely not all that.

Gordon did well, I thought Pickford was excellent too.

Lots of effort throughout the team but a massive "meh" overall.

Yep, no lacking effort but the quality on the ball from Godfrey, Kenny, Holgate, Doucoure, Townsend and Gomes was abysmal.

They didn't even look like footballers, just fellas a bit fitter than your average Joe in the stand.

First game this season I can recall that I've thought we've been unlucky to lose.

Allan helped - shame his fitness isn't fully there.

Likewise with Calvert-Lewin really. Worries me we're so reliant on him finding his form/fitness - if he gets another injury we're screwed.
This kind of comment acting like that was a good performance today is nonsense I feel. It wasn't any better effort wise than what it had been already. The first half there were zero chances then second half villa allowed us to have the ball as they had a lead and they fairly comfortably defended that. It was a crap performance with a crap result and its relegation on the cards unless if someone comes in who knows what they are doing.

….not sure about others but never had the felling we would score. Kenny and Holgate starting was bewildering, but I just hoped it wouldn’t matter today, sadly it did.

it was a bit of a nothing performance, lots of effort but lack of quality and purpose. Missed a few decent chances and much more progressive for Gordon’s introduction, I thought the 2nd half performance deserved a draw.

i assume that will end any ‘Ferguson till the end of the season shouts’, we’ll need more than Braveheart to get out of this ever concerning mess.

This is more to do with players not being good enough rather than the manager
Individually the players should be good enough (or most of them).

Our squad balance is terrible though. We don't seem to have many option in the middle of the park yet we have no manager or DOF to rectify that. We are an utter shambles.

Also how bad/broken must Gbamin be?

Status
Not open for further replies.