Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a better forward line (match fit also) to pick from, and I can see Buendia and Coutinho dancing through our powderpuff centre.
Aye that's why we need three in there lets see what Dunc does. I would hope he will go for some energy a Gbamin or Onyango alongside Doucoure and Gomes possibly. But he is known to play 442 we would need more energy in midfield.

Needs to be a huge performance from every player. Not as optimistic as some in the thread. Think it’s going to be a really difficult game, especially if Villa are on it. Don’t think we can win on effort alone and our midfield compared to there’s is worrying.

Needs to be a huge performance from every player. Not as optimistic as some in the thread. Think it’s going to be a really difficult game, especially if Villa are on it. Don’t think we can win on effort alone and our midfield compared to there’s is worrying.
Villa are a good side and like to go forward does give us chances though on the break and their defence is as shaky as ours. Do agree its a tough match though even with the Dunc factor. Not sure it being an early game helps us but I except to see us fired up at least

Mick Lyons scores Everton’s second goal against Aston Villa in this Football League Cup Final, second replay which was played at Old Trafford, Manchester on the 13th April 1977.

No doubt in my mind that Duncan will start with Keane and Coleman playing. A recipe for disaster. None of this clean slate malarkey - these players have proven themselves incapable time and time again. Time to make changes and no reason not to. Mina and Godfrey, Patterson all available.

If Allan is out hopefully Dunc has realised you can’t play Gomes in there as part of a 2.

Listened to talkSPORT the other day and somebody said that against Norwich he played like someone who wasn’t sure if they had left the oven on when they left home.

Read online that keane, coleman and Gordon dropped, allan injured. Patterson, mina and townsend will start, as will gomes instead of allan. 4 4 2.

Richy probably dropping back to middle when we aren't in possession.
Oh really interesting! Where did you read that?

Status
Not open for further replies.