Manager Compensation paid out since Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing with compo, is it not we keep paying until they find a new job. Then make up any difference in pay?
I think I remember Koeman screwing us over a bit by taking a salary of £600k a year for the Holland job. That is why they hired him, cause he was so cheap. With us then paying him £5.4m a year. Until he moved to Barca.

I will never understand it in a million years, is there any other industry that compensates a sacking due to underperformance, not meeting KPI's?
Totally.

Any other job, you dont perform they take you down a "route" Improve or Out.

Its really a mind mess that they get rewarded to fail, where is the motivation to do their job well?

it blows my mind.

How many people would that much money help if it were appropriately distributed.

Its really a mind mess that they get rewarded to fail, where is the motivation to do their job well?

Its hard to get your head around but surely there will be incentives to good performance such as bonus payments linked to KPIs such as domestic / euro cup performance, league position, player trading profits and ultimately the offer of an improved / extended contract. For any manager with ambition the main incentive is probably to gain better/more desirable employment somewhere else.

Perhaps the contracts should be more nuanced where for example the extent of pay out is related to the length of service, although it may well be for all I know. The idea that someone will be paid out a 3 year contract 6 months into the job is a bit hard to stomach.

On the other hand the club could do some things to ty and avoid these payments such as the implementation of a clear and accountable footballing operation / structure that the manager would be expected to operate within and agreement at board level prior to appointing a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.