Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they've been playing like this for some time now. How anyone wouldn't want that for your club is beyond me. Sometimes it's difficult to tell whether things are going well more because of the manager or more because of the quality of players, but this is not one of those examples. Everyone at the club buys into a model for building, and Potter is top, top coach.

Gobsmacked at some of the comments on here about Potter. Agree. If you cant see it. his team hold their own against every team. That includes city and liverpool. All comes from his coaching. Actualy exchanging messages on here today with someone telling me they would rather have chris wilder. Like i say. Gobsmacked.
Clubs blown it with Potter i think. We've got absolute morons sitting in the boardroom. And after the whole benitez castastrophe a good coach like potter must look at this basket case of a club and just think..i can do better.
Been saying it for i dont know how long now. Should have got him. And let him build here.
Blew it.

Come to Everton and forgets completely how to manage
Unpopular opinion, but he is the only one we've sacked who I think might have come good eventually.

He sort of had to go, because we were in a downward spiral, but I still think the summer transfer window and the injuries were what were his downfall.

That was the summer he asked for Zouma and didn't get him. He asked for a replacement for Gueye and got Gbamin and Delph. He asked for a left footed right winger and got Iwobi. He asked for an experienced striker to contribute and challenge DCL and he got Moise Kean. Brands and Moshiri let him down badly there, but I don't disagree that he had to go. Things had fallen apart.

Wasn't perfect, difficult to warm to and there were bits and pieces I could moan about, but overall I think circumstances were his downfall rather than his coaching ability.

Be interested to see how he gets on next season.

Unpopular opinion, but he is the only one we've sacked who I think might have come good eventually.

He sort of had to go, because we were in a downward spiral, but I still think the summer transfer window and the injuries were what were his downfall.

That was the summer he asked for Zouma and didn't get him. He asked for a replacement for Gueye and got Gbamin and Delph. He asked for a left footed right winger and got Iwobi. He asked for an experienced striker to contribute and challenge DCL and he got Moise Kean. Brands and Moshiri let him down badly there, but I don't disagree that he had to go. Things had fallen apart.

Wasn't perfect, difficult to warm to and there were bits and pieces I could moan about, but overall I think circumstances were his downfall rather than his coaching ability.

Be interested to see how he gets on next season.
He was really unlucky IMO, we where playing really really well and should of beat the RS at Anfield after Gomez some how didn’t score from 2 yards out and then the bizarre goal and we never recovered from it. Seemed to shatter the confidence in the players and him. Then of course we got smashed at Anfield

Would love to think so but can't see him leaving, we'll not before seasons end.

Well drilled this Brighton team, bit of flair too, playing for each other and some quality displays.

Would love Lamptey for us and Burn, Webster too but as @BainesontoastNEW says the fume at the calibre of signing would be off the scale.
Webster came from my local team. Bristol city. Our manager at the time, Lee Johnson signed him for about £5 million I think. People thought it was crazy especially Ipswich, where he couldn’t stay fit I believe. He replaced a player who played a huge part in getting city back into the championship in Aiden flint. A lot of fans were worried. Straight away, you could tell city had upgraded. He was a brilliant footballer. All be it the championship. Was the amount Brighton paid for him a risk? At £20/25 million probably, but goes to show the quality of scouting/coaching at well run clubs helps. Brighton, Brentford to name a couple. Everton could do a lot worse than scouting the championship. Hopefully the new manager can see this. If it’s Rooney/potter, I believe we would.

Gobsmacked at some of the comments on here about Potter. Agree. If you cant see it. his team hold their own against every team. That includes city and liverpool. All comes from his coaching. Actualy exchanging messages on here today with someone telling me they would rather have chris wilder. Like i say. Gobsmacked.
Clubs blown it with Potter i think. We've got absolute morons sitting in the boardroom. And after the whole benitez castastrophe a good coach like potter must look at this basket case of a club and just think..i can do better.
Been saying it for i dont know how long now. Should have got him. And let him build here.
Blew it.
That’s the frustrating thing. Potter is or was massively attainable , but no way he’d come here in our current state - would ruin his career. There are similar managers as well who I think would do well here.

Cooper at forest is one - did hell of a job to get an extremely mediocre swansea squad to the playoff finals and has turned Nottingham forest’s fortunes around this year - yes it’s a lower league but I think managers like potter/Cooper have big ceilings of development.

There’s just no planning at all , we should be always in the top 7/8 and pushing for champions league contention with the size of the club we are and the resources we have had last few years. Went for short term wins with stupid managerial appointments and stupid signings. Moshiri should swallow his pride, start with a clean slate and put the right structure in place.

That’s the frustrating thing. Potter is or was massively attainable , but no way he’d come here in our current state - would ruin his career. There are similar managers as well who I think would do well here.

Cooper at forest is one - did hell of a job to get an extremely mediocre swansea squad to the playoff finals and has turned Nottingham forest’s fortunes around this year - yes it’s a lower league but I think managers like potter/Cooper have big ceilings of development.

There’s just no planning at all , we should be always in the top 7/8 and pushing for champions league contention with the size of the club we are and the resources we have had last few years. Went for short term wins with stupid managerial appointments and stupid signings. Moshiri should swallow his pride, start with a clean slate and put the right structure in place.
Moshiri has made nothing but horrendous decision after horrendous decision since he joined. Got Every manager wrong.
Koeman for a start..Was a project, all he said over and over, never us or we.. how did he get the job.
Then panicked and got Allerdyce and it’s just gone on from there

We've got a board who think love island and glitz.
Im embarrassed by the shambles they've created.

Moshiri has made nothing but horrendous decision after horrendous decision since he joined. Got Every manager wrong.
Koeman for a start..Was a project, all he said over and over, never us or we.. how did he get the job.
Then panicked and got Allerdyce and it’s just gone on from there
I thought Allardyce would be the wake up call needed for Moshiri…how wrong I was…

It’s stated they’re in danger of becoming a ‘financial calamity’ and Moshiri is now debating whether to sell the club for £350m, having instead in more than £450m since he took over six years ago.

Financial calamity?

Status
Not open for further replies.