Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunc is a big no no for mine other than as caretaker for the Villa game. Overly emotional which may have seemed great for those games he took over before Ancelotti came, but would be disastrous if the poor run continued on with him in charge

Garcia or Kovac, but that’s not likely right now. After that, Potter, but that’s not likely either. Out of the rest of them I think I would take a chance on Rooney. I think him and Ferguson could get us out of trouble and he would have a certain amount of pull to bring in other players.

Everton are in a potentially precarious position and for that I’d much rather a manager with more experience than just relying on a popular playing career or done alright at Derby. Ideally that new person would still have room to develop and get even better soon.

Kovac

If we can’t attract him then get Rooney in.

An Evertonian, who is a winner, managing Everton. What more could you want?

The rest can koff, I’d take Lampard after that.

Reactions: KMC
He was overuled at Chelsea on Declan Rice and Tarkowski both of which he wanted.

Both for sure would have sured up that defence.
Who did Tuchel bring in to shore up that defence? He's sold a good £60M chunk of it but I'm not aware of them going into the market for defensive players the price of Rice or Tarkowski.

There were notable defensive decencies in Lampard's set up at Chelsea with there being pretty much no impetus on his advanced players to track back. Teams were strolling round the space in front of the back line and doubling up on fullbacks but all Lampard could do was talk about individual errors. When you're constantly allowing opposition to put pressure on your backline with no support then those errors increase as there are more opportunities to make them.

Those "individual errors" that were resolved pretty quickly when a manager came in with a bit more attention to detail, who asked a bit more of those further forward and drilled a little more thinking into when their fullbacks should get forward instead of all the time.

And given how easily our current lot are walked through I think Lampard would be a disastrous appointment. He'd not have the luxury of a technically excellent midfield and CL level attacking players to paper over the cracks at Goodison.

Reactions: Ian

Based on what? From what I saw he was tactically, very limited.
As clichéd as it may sound, we need old-fashioned passion...a particular energy missing from our game for a long time now.

Matches aren't won on tactics alone.

i'd love us to be a mid-table but passionate & unpredictable football team over the tedium of the last 5 years.

We've all noticed a common sentiment on the match threads being one of NEA...some blues barely able to get excited anymore, which is tragic. Dunc would ignite that dormant primal excitement of following us play the football. Win, lose or draw.

That's all i'm after. Otherwise, yet another killjoy manager might do permanent damage to our fan culture.

Everton are in a potentially precarious position and for that I’d much rather a manager with more experience than just relying on a popular playing career or done alright at Derby. Ideally that new person would still have room to develop and get even better soon.
They have to start somewhere mr chico.

Mr Moyes came from Preston when we were in the mire.

Dunc is a big no no for mine other than as caretaker for the Villa game. Overly emotional which may have seemed great for those games he took over before Ancelotti came, but would be disastrous if the poor run continued on with him in charge
Realistically with how bad the bottom has been we need likely 5 wins to stay up. Benitez was poor regardless, but the squad had been injured and is relatively healthy at this point. Per fivethirtyeight we have a 12% chance of going down, with an expected 40 point season.

With that in mind weigh what are the chances of us going down, to the chances a full time hire midseason working while the board is under review, with no DoF, backroom staff etc. And how such a hire sets ourselves up for summer business all that differently. I find it far more risky making a longterm commitment while they are internally examining and possibly will change their whole decision process in a month or two. Or without a DoF the hopeful outcome of the review among other changes.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.