Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard or Rooney neither would be my choice, however, it's very clear that both would need a DOF in to help them out. We should be appointing a DOF and allowing them to spearhead the managerial search... both Lampard and Rooney will still be available in the summer, no need to rush the appointment.

Id have Ferguson for the Villa game and then theres a break where a decision can be made.

He was overuled at Chelsea on Declan Rice and Tarkowski both of which he wanted.

Both for sure would have sured up that defence.

Didnt know about Tarkowski...thats a weird one.

Rice though, they missed a trick there.

It’s got to be Lampard for me if it’s between him and Rooney.

Irrespective of the fact that he’s had difficulties to contend with at Derby, some of Rooney’s run of results have been utterly shocking reading.

Reassured by the fact that Lampard has managed at the highest level as well.

Yeah, Lampard has the big match experience.

2 of them are proven failures at Everton, 2 have never managed Everton and one has managed 4 games and lost 1 on pens.
Id say three of them are proven failures at Everton, Ferguson and Unsworth are two constants throughout a succession of failed managers. Shocks me how just because they are 'blues' things such as their job performance is brushed under the carpet.

Unsworth should be evaluated on progression of young players into the senior setup. Instead his priority was personal credit for winning things with the junior set-up by playing with one if the oldest squads consistently in their groups

Is anyone stopping to think why the ownership are running at a million miles an hour to get someone in before Saturday?

Why? What is driving them to do it when we have a 2 week break and the ownership have failed 5 x already.

I smell a power grab by Bill to flood the club with more of his mates not in the best long intrest of the club, but his, if the owner has stepped out of the room.

He had a transfer ban to deal with and brought through the homegrown talent intelligently. Tuchel capitalised on that.
We might as well have a transfer ban - we've got no money! He still had one of the best squads in the league. Tuchel came in and they were immediately better. I know we're not getting anyone of Tuchel's quality but Lampard didn't get the most out of those players. Priority for us is someone who can do that.

One potentially interesting note on Lampard and his defensive set up - Lampard did not like Rudiger and had essentially frozen him out. Which seemed like a sensible decision at the time, as he was still playing a bit brainless. To be fair he started to come back into frame in a big way before Lampard was fired, but it's clear that Tuchel is the one that has brought out the best in him. It begs the question - why wasn't Lampard able to get something out of Rudiger? Lampard deserves plaudits for his work in developing Mount and James, but I wonder on Rudiger. Was it personality thing? Is he better at developing younger players?

I am intrigued by Lampard because it seems like he will have learned a lot in this first major job, and could apply those things to his second one. I think for me that's the main reason I'd have him over Rooney (if considering just the two of them).

Also, it's a bit stupid to speculate because of the situation we find ourselves in right now, but Lampard has already had his top 4 job at Chelsea, whereas Rooney would no doubt be hired by United if he succeeds with us.

There seems to be a lot of information sourced and unsourced, so its hard to know what is actually true or being leaked possibly for reaction. But one marginal thing that I am trying to find comforting is first that Duncan is coaching the Villa game, and two far more important is the sourcing that the board is looking for someone in an interim basis than a full time appointment.

This club is in the middle of an internal review, in large part based on its poor practices. Above all it is in an untrustworthy position to make a full appointment. Especially when it hasn't decided on a hierarchy and decision making model for the future.

I think the club needs a DoF but they need to have intel in a review before any longterm commitments, regardless of the circumstances at hand. Thats true for the manager as much as any other role. It's why I think it should be Ferguson's for the remainder of the season but that seems to be possibly no of interest to the board. Maybe the weekend might change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.