Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is if we win on Saturday under Dunc we dont have another league game for three weeks, so while we need it sorted we do have a bit of time.
I wouldnt be to bothered if Dunc and Baines get the cup game and Newcastle on the 8th, if it meant we are taking time to get it right
I'd be staggered if we dont have a permanant manager in by then, tbh. Benitez has been on the skids for months and they surely had feelers out for a replacement.

IMO Martinez was sounded out before Benitez was sacked and he told them yes. Just the Belgian FA to negotiate with now. But if that falls though I can see others - some maybe not even mentioned yet (Ancelotti the time before last was nowhere on the radar then BANG!) - being looked at and one chosen before Newcastle.

Unpopular opinion here, but I really have doubts about Kovac's quality.

I watch a lot of Bundesliga and Ligue 1 and his sides have never impressed me at all. Now, I'm not claiming to be a know-it-all here, football is a game of opinions and I am just sharing mine. But from what I've seen (based on the eye and not stats), his teams don't play good football on the whole and don't press (a key component of the modern game). He also is an extremely divisive figure and seems to cause consternation wherever he goes.

I know on face value his win% etc looks good, but these were massively padded by his time at Bayern. I haven't seen as much of his sides as I have of other coaches (Galtier for example) but I really don't get the fuss. I have asked others who watch a lot more European footy than I do and they all seemed to agree.

Now, I know he might still be the best of a frankly awful list of candidates, but I am surprised to see so many people lauding him on here. He might turn out to be great, but from what I've seen, I have my doubts ?
His Frankfurt work is exactly what we need here

I'd be staggered if we dont have a permanant manager in by then, tbh. Benitez has been on the skids for months and they surley had feelers out for a replacement.

IMO Martinez was sounded out before Benitez was sacked and he told them yes. Just the Belgian FA to negotiate with now. But if that falls though I can see others - some maybe not even mentioned yet (Ancelotti the time bfore last was nowhere in the radar then BANG!) - being looked at and one chosen before Newcastle.
This is Everton. Have we ever had a permanent manager in place within 1 game?

I'd be staggered if we dont have a permanant manager in by then, tbh. Benitez has been on the skids for months and they surely had feelers out for a replacement.

IMO Martinez was sounded out before Benitez was sacked and he told them yes. Just the Belgian FA to negotiate with now. But if that falls though I can see others - some maybe not even mentioned yet (Ancelotti the time before last was nowhere on the radar then BANG!) - being looked at and one chosen before Newcastle.

lol lol you know better.

I look at Silva and what he is doing at Fulham ... conceding 21 goals so far and scoring for fun. I then look at our players and think......... You bunch of FFIN lazy turds. It seems to me that this bunch will just down tools on anyone they don't like. This to me is a major FFIN problem within this club. I am convinced half of them knew Carlo was leaving and went FFF It.
They 100% did, Carlo wasnt remotely bothered for the last few months and let them down tools.
Peter Reid was on the radio a few hours after it was confirmed Rafael was gone and he was rippping into the players.
One of the things he pointed out was they don't talk to each other, he pointed out in the 80s side anyone playing without commitment the rest would be onto them,these clowns dont care.

Well Belgium are making the same noise Watford made when we stepped in there, if we wanted Roberto Belgium wont stop us.

Well Belgium are making the same noise Watford made when we stepped in there, if we wanted Roberto Belgium wont stop us.
Can you explain WHY we want him though?! Do you really think Bobby is the man for a relegation battle when we are leaking goals for fun?! He failed at the club for two seasons after the fifth place, he couldn't rebuild Moyes's defence couldn't organise on set pieces, can you really see him saving us then kicking us on? I can't.

Whichever manager we are going for it has to be heavily incentives based on reaching certain objectives whilst limiting the compensation in case he ends up been sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.