Are the fans to blame?

• Yes mate

• No lad

• Cheese on toast

• I’m dead angry at a screen.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, we want to be feel pride in whatever we wee on the pitch. Win/lose is secondary. Oh sure, we may grumble about the losses, but if the team puts in a shift and is seen to be progressing, I don't think fans as a whole will be upset with anyone who is trying to achieve that.

So are we responsible for the rot, hell no...

EDIT: After reading the message back, I realize, too many "hells" in there, but yeah, like hell I am gonna change that.
I'm not sure this kind of behaviour in a football stadium is the way forward tbh

Goodison can be toxic but what we've had to put up with over the years there can be no surprise. The icing on the cake and another reason for fans being wound up was bringing an ex RS manager in, that was only ever going to go one way, then you have Moshiri who comes across like he doesn't give a toss about us fans, the case being him going to his best mate Jim White instead of directly speaking to fans when he has something to say.

Now, I'm not saying we're innocent through all this because we're not, but years of frustration and so many false dawns have played their part in fans anger.

I Remember being at Newcastle. Think they were playing chelsea the season they went down with Shearer in charge. It was mix of confusion, divide, quite, silent, acceptance of possible relegation and I mentioned this around october on here. Everton reminds me of newcastle that season. Midtable slide and no fight from anyone to stop it until it's too late.

Goodison need fight, needs noise and hopefully something will click with the fans to create this before it's too late. We cant wait for the players.The players dont seen capable to do it without us.

Goodison can be toxic but what we've had to put up with over the years there can be no surprise. The icing on the cake and another reason for fans being wound up was bringing an ex RS manager in, that was on; t ever going to go one way, then you have Moshiri who comes across like he doesn't give a toss about us fans, the case being him going to his best mate Jim White instead of directly speaking to fans when he has something to say.

Now, I'm not saying we're innocent through all this because we're not, but years of frustration, so many false dawns have played their part in that frustration.
Can those who wanted and pushed for Benitez as manager in summer, sneering at fellow bloos, be held accountable sir?

Now hear me out on this but I’ve been thinking that there has to be something else that is a consistent in the failure of repeated Everton managers with an owner backing them financially. Obviously it’s not nice to hear this but do we as fans cause the toxicity around our club that means all are doomed to fail? Not saying it’s entirely the fans fault but the atmosphere of hysteria created by Evertonians is worse than Geordies, young players abused by fat dars or over hyped by FIFA obsessed millennials don’t stand a chance. Current narrative is that Moshiri is failing Everton but in my mind the fans are in cahoots with him after celebrating wildly a rich stranger taking over the club more than we celebrated the last trophy in 1995. Evertonians deserve better is a strap line used often but why do they deserve better and is this part of the entitled narrative that burdens anyone trying to fix the problem? Some, well many, Evertonians sabotage managerial appointments from the start as it wasn’t the manager they wanted and scouted themselves, so want to be proved right in their heads by the manager’s failure rather than Everton success.
100% I agree with this.

I myself have been guilty of going against Carlo and let the negativity in. I did not agree that he was what Everton needed at that time and has a feeling its a marriage that happened using over the top finances and would fail due to the huge amount of gash footballers combined with Carlo going unquestioned for months due to his stature.

If you take a wild guess, maybe 50% of Evertonians would now be 40 years or more which means the grew up knowing Everton were boss in 80s and can't let go of that past and get the entitlement feeling.

The toxicity around Benitez is well documented, he will never win the fans over. Imagine the dressing room full of Everton players who know our manager is on borrowed time cos the fans will ensure he takes the fall even if we bottle our jobs week in week out. How can a captain rally his troops when he is one of the weakest links in tbe squad?

Imagine Mykolenko, who does not speak english, play his 1st game in PL, in a team full of cowards, a manager hoping that these players grow a pair, get hounded off during his 1st game?! FFS!

The over emotional fanbase is causing 25% destruction, with Moshiri causing the other 65% and manager's tactics the remaining 10%.

What I would like to see is this fanbase grow a pair and bring a banner calling for Moshiri to quit if they dare?

Now hear me out on this but I’ve been thinking that there has to be something else that is a consistent in the failure of repeated Everton managers with an owner backing them financially. Obviously it’s not nice to hear this but do we as fans cause the toxicity around our club that means all are doomed to fail? Not saying it’s entirely the fans fault but the atmosphere of hysteria created by Evertonians is worse than Geordies, young players abused by fat dars or over hyped by FIFA obsessed millennials don’t stand a chance. Current narrative is that Moshiri is failing Everton but in my mind the fans are in cahoots with him after celebrating wildly a rich stranger taking over the club more than we celebrated the last trophy in 1995. Evertonians deserve better is a strap line used often but why do they deserve better and is this part of the entitled narrative that burdens anyone trying to fix the problem? Some, well many, Evertonians sabotage managerial appointments from the start as it wasn’t the manager they wanted and scouted themselves, so want to be proved right in their heads by the manager’s failure rather than Everton success.
Quite

100% I agree with this.

I myself have been guilty of going against Carlo and let the negativity in. I did not agree that he was what Everton needed at that time and has a feeling its a marriage that happened using over the top finances and would fail due to the huge amount of gash footballers combined with Carlo going unquestioned for months due to his stature.

If you take a wild guess, maybe 50% of Evertonians would now be 40 years or more which means the grew up knowing Everton were boss in 80s and can't let go of that past and get the entitlement feeling.

The toxicity around Benitez is well documented, he will never win the fans over. Imagine the dressing room full of Everton players who know our manager is on borrowed time cos the fans will ensure he takes the fall even if we bottle our jobs week in week out. How can a captain rally his troops when he is one of the weakest links in tbe squad?

Imagine Mykolenko, who does not speak english, play his 1st game in PL, in a team full of cowards, a manager hoping that these players grow a pair, get hounded off during his 1st game?! FFS!

The over emotional fanbase is causing 25% destruction, with Moshiri causing the other 65% and manager's tactics the remaining 10%.

What I would like to see is this fanbase grow a pair and bring a banner calling for Moshiri to quit if they dare?
Thank you for this refreshingly honest and accountable post my man. Those voting No above in the poll are the ones Everton need to purge before they can improve.

To blame fans is the easy way out. The rot started 30 years ago and hasn’t been arrested. To expect the fans to still be eternally optimistic after lie after lie, false dawn after false dawn is laughable. The owner and board have the club they deserve, the fans absolutely do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.