2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing from Sky sources that Carragher is furiously readying his tongue for its journey up his mates ring piece when he inevitably comes onto Monday night football to share his sob story about how it’s everyone’s fault but his. That’s right, I’m dealing with my crippling sadness over our inevitable relegation with inappropriate sex humour. If you don’t laugh you cry etc.

Hearing from Sky sources that Carragher is furiously readying his tongue for its journey up his mates ring piece when he inevitably comes onto Monday night football to share his sob story about how it’s everyone’s fault but his. That’s right, I’m dealing with my crippling sadness over our inevitable relegation with inappropriate sex humour. If you don’t laugh you cry etc.

we won’t get relegated mate well we’re giving ourselves the best chance

Can't even express how angry I am. I've basically been cuckolded for 6 months because you've got to trust that the people making decisions know what they're doimg despite the fact that Benitez was almost literally the last person I wanted - not because I thought he was a crap manager (Although there were certainly questions marks about his work since Napoli at the very least), but because I knew that he would get less patience than anyone in the world if we went through a bad spell - We've been through a really, really bad spell, but sometimes these things fulfil their own prophecies because people want to turn against the manager.

I'm not bothered at all where the blame lies, but this outcome was always happening

Gang of nobheads

We've all been forced to waste 6 months of our lives and we are now at the point we all knew, deep down, that we were going to reach sooner rather than later.

Of course he has to go. But who has any faith whatsoever that th next appointment will be the right one? We are a cancerous organisation and nothing will change until we appoint football people to make football decisions.

Jamie Redknapp, the former Liverpool midfielder believes the Everton boss has developed a habit of 'creating chaos at clubs.

"To a certain extent, it's not all on Rafael what's gone on at Everton but he has a habit of causing chaos at clubs. He's a politician, and he's always blaming everyone else."

"He puts this person against that person and he creates an atmosphere of the crowd against the board everywhere he goes and I'm convinced he's doing it again there, and I don't see him lasting. Some people won't like the fact we're talking about a manager's position but I see him being out tonight."

"He was never the right fit. You can't keep losing matches. The fans aren't having him. Football fans don't mind who is in charge if they're winning, but he has to go."

And this coming from “ nice guy Jamie “

Yes they do. The fans are the club mate and the board know that. Granted the Internet is probably more hyperbolic but I think it's fair to say even the most quiet of Evertonians are fairly annoyed atm. It's done the minute they say you're sacked mate which they obv already have. Martinez compo court case went on for yonks after he was replaced. You can sack a manager before compo is sorted you know? Someone else can be in charge while all that legal stuff you talk about is sorted. They'd pretty much have us over a barrel and technically be unsackable if that wasn't the case mate
The boards job is not to cater to the whims of fans or make press releases, it's to make sure things are done properly in accordance with the institution they represent. It's 100% possible Rafael has been told he's fired, and the board are simply making sure everything is in order before an official announcement is made. That's how professional organisations work.

Again, we don't know the details of the contract, we don't know the complexities (but I assure you, it's not as simple as yelling "yer sacked!"). For all we know Moshiri may want to meet with Benitez in person - he is/was his man after all, his choice, and may want to do it man-to-man. There may be no severance clause in the contract, in which case Benitez may want his lawyers to go through it all first. There will be a number of people involved, either way. The board are under no obligation to rush out a press release at 11.45pm to satisfy fans, internet or not. Let's see what transpires tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.