Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that isn't slating them / writing them off its giving an opinion.

If you cant seperate the two between saying "I don't think he's good enough to start over Richarlison" to "he's utter crap him lad best not sign him otherwise preparing for the championship m8 boooooo" is not my problem pal!
If the opinion is slating them then yes you were slating them....

If this is a loan deal, which is what's being reported everywhere, then what's all the fuss? I mean, it's a no risk loan for a half a season.

If it's what i first saw reported a couple weeks ago as a potential buy for more than 10 million, then that's just silly
We all have to be going berserk over the loan deal. The GOT Branch Davidians insist on it.

монах-monk.gif

Gray couldnt get a game at Leicester

Leicester had just won the premier League

Aston villa have not long won the premiership.

That's the differences in the teams they were trying to get into

El ghazi isnt much better than iwobi, unless iwobi is sold we are effectively paying for two of the same crap players.

Hi all. Firstly I’ve come here purely because I have utmost respect for Everton FC and it’s fans. The history of our 2 great clubs is special and I’ve always felt a kindred understanding between us.

Anyway. I’m sorry for what’s happening to your club, I’ve been reading your forums for the last few days and there are huge echos of the start of the decline we had post Martin O’Neil.
I sincerely hope that the same fate isn’t awaiting you.

So, El Ghazi. Give him a chance, he came in as part of the change for us and was solid in the early days. So much so that he became my youngest sons hero and even his coaches in the academy at Reading nicknamed him little Ghazi.

Don’t be too hung up on him being a winger, sure he’s been played there but he is better with a slightly more central focus. ( has actually been played as CF on occasion)
Don’t get on his back too early, he is sensitive and he has had some dogs abuse from certain factions of our fans. He’s passionate about his religion so when he forfeited his fast in order to play for us in the play offs ( and scored the winner) it was a massive deal and shows what a pro he is.
There will be times he takes your breath away, there will be times you pull your hair out. He will make it up to you.
I hope you get the best of him and he is also part of your positive turning of the corner.
Best wishes
Will

Oh forgot to add that we wouldn’t have let him leave for you if there’s any air of him not getting game time. We’ve recalled a whole batch of players from their loans and sent them elsewhere for play time.
There were a raft of offers from him from a couple of other clubs ( Norwich among a few others) so I imagine Benitez is happy about this.

Villa fan here, I come in peace. I am so baffled by this transfer that for the first time I have gone on to an opposing fans forum just to figure out what the [Poor language removed] the thinking is. I don't hate El Ghazi at all but he is so definitely a bottom 5 prem team at best that I have no idea why you have gone in for him. That also applies even if it is just a loan, he's so far off where a club of your stature should be aiming. I've seen him week in week out and he is just not good enough (apart from if there is a pen going). Not the news you'd have wanted but just wanted to tell the few who think it might be shrewd business, it isn't, not for you anyway. He will score one screamer and do Jack [Poor language removed] else for you for 10 games.

If this is a loan deal, which is what's being reported everywhere, then what's all the fuss? I mean, it's a no risk loan for a half a season.

If it's what i first saw reported a couple weeks ago as a potential buy for more than 10 million, then that's just silly

This thing about ‘no risk’

Rondon was ‘no risk’. Apart from the risk of getting relegated because we have comfortably the worst striker in the Prem starting games.

Oh forgot to add that we wouldn’t have let him leave for you if there’s any air of him not getting game time. We’ve recalled a whole batch of players from their loans and sent them elsewhere for play time.
There were a raft of offers from him from a couple of other clubs ( Norwich among a few others) so I imagine Benitez is happy about this.
Thanks for the info, the fact Norwich are the competition for him says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.