Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fuss is mandatory because it's a Benitez signing.

Any other time it'd be trumpeted as an astute bit of business.

….lots suggesting Moshiri instigated and negotiated this, I think you said Benitez ‘agreed it’. That is the key issue here, Moshiri shouldn’t be involved at all.

As for this being an astute or bad piece of business, only time will tell us that. I just hope he’s better than Moshiri’s other deals.

Of course it is.

Saying someone isn't as good as Richarlison or good enough to push us into the top 6 isnt the same as calling someone a bum/waster/crap.
Screenshot_20220113-105417_Chrome.jpg

You said that they weren't good enough to start.

….lots suggesting Moshiri instigated and negotiated this, I think you said Benitez ‘agreed it’. That is the key issue here, Moshiri shouldn’t be involved at all.

As for this being an astute or bad piece of business, only time will tell us that. I just hope he’s better than Moshiri’s other deals.
Who is "lots"? I've only seen that El Bobble nob claiming it Eggs.

Andros Townsend is a distinctively average player, has been his whole career. Should never ever be starting quality for a club like ours - and the fact he is "one of our better players" speaks volumes about the dire state of Everton FC
That's all well and good but he IS one of our better players and has played as well as anyone who has wore an Everton shirt this season.

Andros Townsend is a distinctively average player, has been his whole career. Should never ever be starting quality for a club like ours - and the fact he is "one of our better players" speaks volumes about the dire state of Everton FC
The signings of Townsend and now El Ghazi is an example of where our aims are right now imo - which is a sharp drop from hoping for European qualification last year, and more looking at bottom half/mid table stability. It’s clear that we are in a huge FFP mess.

I like Townsend as a player ,his work ethic is good and he seems a good character. He is never the type to get us up the league though. Now if you had Townsend on the bench(instead of iwobi) and a Diaz esque signing in ahead of him then that’s fine and would mean we’d have a squad capable of challenging but we don’t have the finances for that now.

These signings indicate that there is a desperate need to stabilise the financial situation before we can even think about progressing again. I think richarlison is another one who will move on in the summer for big money.

You’d have to think that Moshiri’s main aim is that things get stabilised until we move to BMD…and obviously not get relegated in that time..

That's all well and good but he IS one of our better players and has played as well as anyone who has wore an Everton shirt this season.
If you think Townsend is the type of player who SHOULD be starting game in game out for us then fair enough, I cannot argue with that.
Personally I think he's bang average and our sights SHOULD be much higher. Which is what I said in my original post.

Didnt we have the same problem with with Koeman & Walsh buying No10's and not addressing other priorities ?
If they where addresed yeah go for it.

Right Mid , cos thats where he plays is the last thing that needs sorting.

Again ...pointless signing.
He chucked 100mil at them on big contacts on high wage, we have loaned this lad while we have the worst injury plagued season ever, he can play on the wing and through the middle. Makes total sense to anyone without an agenda.
PS we may well get players in other positions in this window which renders your point even more redundant

Ok mate, you keep beating that drum. :coffee:

How many of our 6 wingers will start each week?

That's not the point. If they're good enough, they'll get game time. It's generally a good idea for every manager to have two wingers on the bench, who have the potential to come on and change a game. It's not your defenders you're going to want to be bringing on most of the time, it's players with fresh legs to run past defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.