2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dialogue is important, but it all depends on how you do it. If a player knocks on the door and says he has some good ideas on how to get better results, then I think most managers will listen. If the manager calls the players to a meeting where they discuss what has been good, and what can be done better, then most managers will listen to the players. But listening does not necessarily mean that the manager does as the players say. This is how it is in all jobs, and you have to accept the boss's decision or find something else to do.

However, if players begin to question the manager's tactics on the training field, in front of other players, then there is inappropriate behavior, and behavior that can not be tolerated. The same if players refuse to follow tactical instructions that they practice in training, and do not want to perform their best or play because you do not want to play in that position or style of play.
Absolutely, there's no need to question the manager's tactics, the results speak for themselves, he's been a great success.

There's a reason he signed for Villa and not, City, Utd, Chelsea, Barca, Arsenal or any of the so called Big clubs. He's signed for a mediocre club, at this point in their history, because he's a mediocre player.

SAF sold Paul Ince when he stopped doing what he told him to do. That was before he had the iron grip on the club he soon did have, and against the wishes of most fans, and many on the Board at OT.

I doubt digne has told benitez "I am not doing that" I think it's more the case of questioning why he's not being allowed to do what he does best and get forward, and given the results I think he's more than right to ask questions.

Regardless of what happened, the Brighton game where he put him on the bench and played Coleman at lwb just to try and act the big boss man is where he's shown himself to be the fat mess that he is, he's done it all over his career and I'm sure he even tried to question Ronaldo once and get him to improve his goal scoring, he's a first class idiot.
The problem is that we do not know. Everything is speculation, and those who hate Benitez will always seek truths that put Benitez in a bad light. But ok, let's say Digne said it that way.

What if Benitez said: Okay, I see your point, but there will not be the right balance in the team if we play like that, and I want to give Gray quite a lot of offensive freedom on your side, and then you have to balance, and take fewer offensive runs. .
Digne: But what about my statistics?
Benitez: What do you mean? The only relevant statistic is the one that applies to the team.
Digne: Okay, I do not want to play for Everton anymore. I have bigger ambitions.

Not upset at the transfer at all. It's a good sensible sale.
The manner in which it happened, and the lack of comms from anyone other than Benitez is pretty shameful and cowardly to be honest.
That being said - I'm pretty sure one of the reasons Benitez is so safe in his job is that he assured Moshiri that he really doesn't give a [Poor language removed] about upsetting the fans rebuilding the team.

SAF sold Paul Ince when he stopped doing what he told him to do. That was before he had the iron grip on the club he soon did have, and against the wishes of most fans, and many on the Board at OT.
So you’re saying we’ll win the treble in a couple of years ? Im all in

The problem is that we do not know. Everything is speculation, and those who hate Benitez will always seek truths that put Benitez in a bad light. But ok, let's say Digne said it that way.

What if Benitez said: Okay, I see your point, but there will not be the right balance in the team if we play like that, and I want to give Gray quite a lot of offensive freedom on your side, and then you have to balance, and take fewer offensive runs. .
Digne: But what about my statistics?
Benitez: What do you mean? The only relevant statistic is the one that applies to the team.
Digne: Okay, I do not want to play for Everton anymore. I have bigger ambitions.
Yep that’s possible but so’s the opposite , given that one man has never fell out with any previous managers and the others own supporters state he thrives on conflict its not difficult to suspect which is more likely .

I mean SAF sold Ince in 1995. He had a few titles in the bag already.
Plus it was 25 years ago. Management styles change.

There's a reason he signed for Villa and not, City, Utd, Chelsea, Barca, Arsenal or any of the so called Big clubs. He's signed for a mediocre club, at this point in their history, because he's a mediocre player.
He really isnt, yes his form has not been great but name me one player who doesnt have these dips.

You simply dont alienate and to a degree belittle your best or better players during a really troubling period!

Wee Bernies tuppence worth

FB_IMG_1642085976519.jpg

He really isnt, yes his form has not been great but name me one player who doesnt have these dips.

You simply dont alienate and to a degree belittle your best or better players during a really troubling period!
I've never seen what all the fuss has been about since the day he joined. Yeah he's an OK player not bad goin forwards at times, gets the odd goal. Defensively very average.

Status
Not open for further replies.