2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what Benítez supporters seem to be missing:

Nobody is denying that there are deep-seated issues at this club that need serious change and reform to be addressed.

What people find it hard to swallow is the notion that the person to carry out this reform is a divisive, monomaniacal has-been who's presided over our worst run of form in years, who's alienated half the squad and most the fan base, who's line-ups are consistently baffling, who's football manages to be both ugly and defensively inept, who was appointed solely on the basis of his name and distant achievements by a football-illiterate chairman.

Analogy: It's like refusing to take mercury for cancer. It's not that I think that my body ain't riddled with tumours, it's that mercury is a poisonous, long-outdated medicine that isn't going to do a damn thing to save me. And I suspect the doctor prescribing it might actually be a shady billionaire who thinks thieving a small nation's GDP makes him qualified to prescribe medicine.
This job needed someone with balls of steel who doesn't give a flying what people think of him.
He was probably the only one of that ilk we could find.

We didn't need a Potter or Arteta to carry on the same crap. It needed sorting once and for all.

If people are happy finishing 8th - 12th every season then crack on with the hatred.

Me personally am willing to give him time to see what he can do.

This season was always a write-off and I think you will find the majority of fans accepted that at the beginning of the season if they could see something happening. Granted not a lot happened up to now but with half a season to go I am expecting an upturn.

Boss man coming down hard on all the grifters at the club and the pips are beginning to squeak.

And dont forget this:

WE ALL WANTED A RECKONING WITH THIS SQUAD OF BOTTLERS WHO TOOK A KINGS RANSON IN WAGES AND GAVE F.A. BACK TO THE FANS.

All power to Benitez, as he's the man who's attempting to salvage and build from the utter catastrophe that Moshiri, Brands and Koeman landed us with.
That it Dave spread them cheeks for the kopite

Boss man coming down hard on all the grifters at the club and the pips are beginning to squeak.

And dont forget this:

WE ALL WANTED A RECKONING WITH THIS SQUAD OF BOTTLERS WHO TOOK A KINGS RANSON IN WAGES AND GAVE F.A. BACK TO THE FANS.

All power to Benitez, as he's the man who's attempting to salvage and build from the utter catastrophe that Moshiri, Brands and Koeman landed us with.
Verrrry Goooood, Verrrry Niice, Very good Very Nice Helllllooo Chicken Nugget.

And dont forget this:

And It's going so well, can't wait to play Peterborough next season

Reading Ronaldo’s interview there:

‘I think to build up good things , sometimes you have to destroy a few things’

Only one of the best players of all time talking about fixing the problems at a club that finished 2nd last season, has unlimited money, and last won a trophy in 2017.

Meanwhile the fans of a club that finished 10th, has gone through five managers in five seasons, hasn’t won anything since 1995, and has a massive FFP issue: ‘Why is Benitez changing things, he’s destroying the club’
It's widely reported that Ronaldo is looking to leave Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.