2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fair enough. Least it’s honest. I’d rather people said this than moaned about Rondon for three pages.
It feels to me - and many others - that he's cleaved the fanbase in two.

Even if there were some clear footballing merit (which, personally, I see no evidence of), I would still sincerely worry about his methods. He is deliberately confrontational and antagonistic.

The steadily increasing division he has caused in the fanbase is depressing, and I can't understand anyone being cool with it.

Made a significant error in checking out the digne thread. Apparently the reason this season has been so disastrous is that Benitez is like Elliot Ness from the untouchables fighting corruption at the club and players are attempting to sabotage his efforts to realize reform at the club hahaha. Yes players here are highly flawed and prevalent injuries but the tactics are rudimentary and inept. Also Benitez like all self serving narcissists doesn't care about this club he only cares about himself. But you can say that's endemic of football in general.

Not really. They’ll probably sell Pogba, Wan Bissaka, Cavani, Fred etc. they’ll keep Rashford and Greenwood.

What Benitez is doing here seems very simple to me. If you’re not 100% committed to playing for the club, and playing his way, then you can leave.

We probably couldn’t afford James anyway, but he was very injury prone and seemed to be here just because of Ancelotti - so he went

Kean never looked like he wanted to be here from the very beginning under multiple managers - out he goes

Bernard wasn’t good enough and was on a massive wage for how little he contributed - out

Digne on a massive wage and didn’t want to put the team before himself - out

If Allan would rather play in Italy than play here then maybe he will also go.

Look at Gordon Branthwaite Gray Townsend Godfrey DCL even Richarlison Gomes

Have any of that lot complained about the manager or made noises about not wanting to be here this season? No. Probably why they’re all playing.

It's impossible to tell from outside the club and dressing room, but I hope to god you're right. It's without question that we need a huge change at the club. Let's hope these are the right ones because if not we're in serious serious trouble.

It's impossible to tell from outside the club and dressing room, but I hope to god you're right. It's without question that we need a huge change at the club. Let's hope these are the right ones because if not we're in serious serious trouble.

Yep that’s fair enough.

We can’t stay where we have been, that is obvious to me, years and years of mediocrity with constant embarrassment thrown in and no hope of progression. No one wants that surely.

We had to change. Benitez is that change, he’ll be an enema on the club.

What we hope is left after he’s scorched the earth is some fertile ground for a new manager to build on. But the risk is obviously there that he just destroys everything.

In a way though at least this gives us a chance rather than repaying the last 30 years all over again.

Reading Ronaldo’s interview there:

‘I think to build up good things , sometimes you have to destroy a few things’

Only one of the best players of all time talking about fixing the problems at a club that finished 2nd last season, has unlimited money, and last won a trophy in 2017.

Meanwhile the fans of a club that finished 10th, has gone through five managers in five seasons, hasn’t won anything since 1995, and has a massive FFP issue: ‘Why is Benitez changing things, he’s destroying the club’
The same Ronaldo Benitez gave a video to , play a certain way to improve his game ?

Ronaldo sent him one back with the record breaking hundreds of goals he'd scored.

No relevance to what is happening at our club one bit.

Statistically the worst manager this club has ever had.

Politically the worst manager this clu has ever had.

Yet probably the manager who had the most overall power at the club in a generation.

That's Everton right there.
Way too harsh and a bit blinkered. Gray has been one of the revelations in the Premier League and it wouldnt suprise me if we can sell him for 70 mill next season. That one is down to Benitez.

Despite the bad current standing what I really like is his battling attitude. So he made some tactical errors, for sure he made some in game changes too that Ancelotti/Koeman/SIlva/El Allardici could only dream about. We fought back from a few games when last season a goal behind ment a game lost. Even with the current squad surely that has got to merrit some credit. I also like the new additions and with El Gazhi im ver confident of a good finish with some more great battling games.

Another thing Benitez has for: he aint Koeman.

Every day I get up and check the news, so as to make sure he isnt anywhere near Everton. And that brings a smile and relief to me like no other coach before. Count your blessings.

Way too harsh and a bit blinkered. Gray has been one of the revelations in the Premier League and it wouldnt suprise me if we can sell him for 70 mill next season.

Despite the bad current standing what I really like is his battling attitude. So he made some tactical errors, for sure he made some in game changes too that Ancelotti/Koeman/SIlva/El Allardici could only dream about. We fought back from a few games when last season a goal behind ment a game lost. Even with the current squad surely that has got to merrit some credit. I also like the new additions and with El Gazhi im ver confident of a good finish with some more great battling games.
Statistics arent harsh, 1 win since September.

The rest of your post is just your opinion

Here's what Benítez supporters seem to be missing:

Nobody is denying that there are deep-seated issues at this club that need serious change and reform to be addressed.

What people find it hard to swallow is the notion that the person to carry out this reform is a divisive, monomaniacal has-been who's presided over our worst run of form in years, who's alienated half the squad and most the fan base, who's line-ups are consistently baffling, who's football manages to be both ugly and defensively inept, who was appointed solely on the basis of his name and distant achievements by a football-illiterate chairman.

Analogy: It's like refusing to take mercury for cancer. It's not that I think that my body ain't riddled with tumours, it's that mercury is a poisonous, long-outdated medicine that isn't going to do a damn thing to save me. And I suspect the doctor prescribing it might actually be a shady billionaire who thinks thieving a small nation's GDP makes him qualified to prescribe medicine.

Way too harsh and a bit blinkered. Gray has been one of the revelations in the Premier League and it wouldnt suprise me if we can sell him for 70 mill next season. That one is down to Benitez.

Another thing Benitez has for: he aint Koeman.

Every day I get up and check the news, so as to make sure he isnt anywhere near Everton. And that brings a smile and relief to me like no other coach before. Count your blessings.
Confident with signings like El Ghazi. Too harsh? 1 win in 12 is a fact....When did you sign up..... :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.