Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to rebuild the central midfield with 2 new players.

We have Doucoure/Onyango for one position and need an 'anchor' alongside.

Id not get a Gana type. Id get someone who would be more like an 'athletic' Gareth Barry...but quicker, stronger and some drive.

Theres a number of young players who are available now and summer.
Wonder if Chelsea would give us Kante?

Id not get a Gana type. Id get someone who would be more like an 'athletic' Gareth Barry...but quicker, stronger and some drive.

I was hoping that this is what Gbamin would've become. Alas..

You are the third or fourth person I have seen on her saying he will be good for us.

I have only seen him in the Chelsea match and thought he was poor, way behind the play, and very ponderous...no pace.

What have you seen?

What a pointless signing El Ghazi is.

The one position on the pitch we somehow have depth in, Townsend, Gray, Gordon, Richarlison, even Iwobi as emergency cover there.

If we go with that 'diamond' up top with DCL + Richarlison + Gray + Townsend as at the start of the season then Id say the squad looks a bit like.

CF: DCL / ???
LW: Gray / Gordon
SS: Richarlison / Dobbin
RW: Townsend / ???

We could play Gordon/Dobbin instead of Gray/Richarlison/Townsend of course.

Id say we need a right winger. Not El Ghazi but a player at the level of Gray/Richarlison.

Then have Gordon/Dobbin as impact players or rotation options.

The Digne money has already gone on Mykolenko and Patterson.

£25mil fee for Digne would have given us £18-20mil in book profit. We'd only need to pay out a fraction of that per season in terms of FFP.

So we would still have a lot of leeway.

You are the third or fourth person I have seen on her saying he will be good for us.

I have only seen him in the Chelsea match and thought he was poor, way behind the play, and very ponderous...no pace.

What have you seen?

Hes just a kid isnt he...im just using his name as a 'rotation' / backup for Doucoure. Same as id have Dobbin as backup to Richarlison.

We need that and we also need a DM + a young player as backup as well. Which is why i said 2 new centre mids...1 starter and 1 backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.