2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably says more about the type of guy Digne is anyway tbf. Leaving a mid table PL club to join another PL club just because of an obsession with your stats and a row with a Manager shows that he is a proper tit himself and it probably also explains why he hasn't been as good the last 2 seasons. Running on ego and zero loyalty.

Yeah so feck em anyway and feck Everton too lmao. lol
Or he would rather enjoy his football career?

I mean he left Barca for Everton for the same type of reasons.

The thing is though mate, Villa are team on the up we’re as we are well just as normal making the numbers up
He's 29 in a few months, do you see Villa getting into Europe this year? Or next? If not then he will be 31 and still trudging along the middle of the PL while his legs will be getting heavier.
This is his last move and he's jumped sideways to Berminumm!

Im not sure what doesnt make sense here.

If i sign a player for £10mil on a 5 year deal...then after 2.5 years his value on the books is £5mil.

A further extension (or not) then reduces this amount further.

Its impossible for Digne at £18mil to be £9mil after that threshold was already reached after 2.5 seasons.

I’ve shown you how i arrived at the figure mate, the maths stack up. The workings year by year, i innitiall said his book price is 7.2 million, you said 6 which is incorrect. In all honesty it’s between 8 -9, taking into account his reduced amortisation after the new contact. I also gave the break down year on year at different rates of ammortaisation, pre and post new contract to illustrate my outcome.

You haven’t shown how you’ve worked out and arrived at 6 mill and what sources of figures you’ve used. I’ve shown my figures and how I arrived at them. Yours dont compute mate. With your logic, I arrive back at my figures.

I think your figures for the new lads are wrong as well, which are important as they add context to the value of the Digne deal.

Not being confrontational, as you know I respect your opinion and conteobutions, just trying to reconcile this as I like to keep accurate record for the craic and apply them as stuff like this happens in terms of our over well being as a club.

We’reon opposite ends of the spectrum in thinking this is a good deal and bad, the nuances make a difference overall particularly in terms of available cash for other players, FFP wiggle room and projected losses for this financial year. I still maintain this is a poor deal.

Last edited:

Technically not and it wouldn’t be on paper, but it’s literally the next game so we could just delay the deal for another week so he can’t train… meh
We did it for Tim Howard. He was on loan, we signed him permanently but the next match was against Utd and, for whatever reason, he sat after we signed him permanent.

I’ve shown you how you arrived at the figure mate. The workings year by year, i immorally said his book price is 7.2 million, you said 6 which incorrect. In all honesty it’s between 8 -9, taking into account his reduced amortisation after the new contact. I also gave the break down year on year at different rates of ammortaisation, pre and post new constant.

You haven’t shown how you’ve worked out and arrived at 6 mill. I’ve shown my figures and how I arrived at them. Doesn’t compute. With your logic I arrive back at my figures.

I think your figures for the new lad are wrong as well.

Not being confrontational, but we’re on opposite ends of the spectrum in thinking this is a good deal and bad, the nuances make a difference overall particularly in terms of available cash for other players, FFP wiggle room and projected losses for this financial year. I still maintain this is a poor deal.

Yep, this is what you had:

Signed for 18 million (correct)

Amortisation of initial 5 year deal is 3.6 million a year. (Correct)

Hes three years into that so his book price is 7.2 million, obvs you don include .5 years in annual accounts. (
Incorrect)

You would class it as (around) 2.5 years on the first contract. When the payment changes then that change would be shown under both wages (normal accounts and FFP + P/S)+ payments (FFP + P/S but not in normal accounts)

So it then becomes £9mil from the 2.5 years remaining on the 5 year deal. We certainly would need to amend the books once those changes in contract came into play.

After the £9mil value hes then extended to 3.5 years and leaving with 2.5 years left = £6.4mil

Its actually going to be lower as it was closer to 3 years than 2.5 at the time of the extension--when the payments would have been greater in terms of amortization.

The wages havent been included but at £120k a week for a player 29 in a few months isnt good business.

Would we pay £25mil for a 29 year old left back in summer on £120k a week? I hope not.

Yep, this is what you had:

Signed for 18 million (correct)

Amortisation of initial 5 year deal is 3.6 million a year. (Correct)

Hes three years into that so his book price is 7.2 million, obvs you don include .5 years in annual accounts. (
Incorrect)

You would class it as (around) 2.5 years on the first contract. When the payment changes then that change would be shown under both wages (normal accounts and FFP + P/S)+ payments (FFP + P/S but not in normal accounts)

So it then becomes £9mil from the 2.5 years remaining on the 5 year deal. We certainly would need to amend the books once those changes in contract came into play.

After the £9mil value hes then extended to 3.5 years and leaving with 2.5 years left = £6.4mil

Its actually going to be lower as it was closer to 3 years than 2.5 at the time of the extension--when the payments would have been greater in terms of amortization.

The wages havent been included but at £120k a week for a player 29 in a few months isnt good business.

Would we pay £25mil for a 29 year old left back in summer on £120k a week? I hope not.
The initial fee is £23m.

Status
Not open for further replies.