Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s rocky ground to vault someone for having a go at Koeman. He was ultimately right.

It’s also a bit different when you have a team with Stones Barkley Lukaku down the spine and you get given over 100 mill to spend on it. Bringing in Gueye Bolasie Williams for the fees he did to go with those players, it was natural we should have been aiming for Europe.

The context with Benite clicking up from Ancelotti is completely different
Koeman finished 7th with that squad.

Ancelotti finished 10th with this one. Still think Benitez is going to surpass that?

It’s rocky ground to vault someone for having a go at Koeman. He was ultimately right.

It’s also a bit different when you have a team with Stones Barkley Lukaku down the spine and you get given over 100 mill to spend on it. Bringing in Gueye Bolasie Williams for the fees he did to go with those players, it was natural we should have been aiming for Europe.

Jesus, no wonder he feels the need to post so much guff with acolytes like you up his hoop.

Benitez took over a squad that finished on 59 points and has made it a hell of a lot worse and has an absolutely appalling record that has gone in for 3 months, surpassing even Mike Walkers start here. But you knew that already didn’t you?

Koeman took over a squad totally bereft of anything and got them into Europe.

I could try and make it simpler for you but it’s probably a waste of time.

Not the point..

1. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/hindsight
2. Richarlison, DCL, Doucoure, Pickford. Both squads had good players.

Well three of those players have been unavailable to Benitez for long periods of this season.

The quality isn’t the same either. Stones is at City, Gueye at PSG, Barkley went to Chelsea, Lukaku is there now. I can’t see Docuoure playing any higher than us. The other two maybe but they’re not in the same league Lukaku was at all.

Benitez also didn’t get a war chest to spend on top of whatever sales he made. He got given a rubbish squad, 1.7 mill to bring some players in, and then most of the good players he had have been injured for large sorts of the season.

You can’t believe these situations are the same.

Jesus, no wonder he feels the need to post so much guff with acolytes like you up his hoop.

Benitez took over a squad that finished on 59 points and has made it a hell of a lot worse and has an absolutely appalling record that has gone in for 3 months, surpassing even Mike Walkers start here. But you knew that already didn’t you?

Koeman took over a squad totally bereft of anything and got them into Europe.

I could try and make it simpler for you but it’s probably a waste of time.

Don’t know what’s got you so mad recently.

We will see how Benitez pans out.

What I wouldn’t want to be is the person who, even with hindsight, is somehow favouring Koeman in this discussion.

Hate Benitez all you want, but if you’re looking for the architect of Everton’s demise then Koeman is in a league of his own.

But will I be getting DMs in return if a couple of seasons of managerial stability out the club on a better footing?

I doubt it
I tell you what, if you promise to DM everyone you have called out on this subject to apologise that you were wrong about Benitez when he inevitably fails, I will promise to publicly apologise to you if we finish above 12th this year and above 10th next year if Benitez is still in charge. Not too much to ask, is it?

Deal?

Actually found some ironically hilarious posts of yours regarding Koeman during his first 6 months here [joined June 2016]. Quite a few similarities to our current manager yet you back him unequivocally instead. Frankly, the way you defend him just gets more strange by the day.

Where've we heard this one before? A manager with a big repuation that needs to coach some defensive stability?

He needs to be down at FF twice as long as he usually is and earning that king's ransom he gets each season and coach some defensive nous into the back four. Up to now he's been avoiding that and just pulling nine back behind the ball in order to become "defensively solid". I'm sorry. I think Koeman is a decent manager as he proved at S'ton. But I'm not being had off by this feller just because he was a star player at Barcelona. Not one friggin bit of it.

[Nov 2016] https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman-discussion.89131/post-5004332

Benitez certainly gets it though...

I've read nor heard anything from Koeman since he became manager that reassures me he gets Everton or values the post here.

[Nov 2016] https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman-discussion.89131/post-5011423

I must have missed Benitez's class?

Koeman = not Everton class.

Simple as that.

[Nov 2016] https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/atmosphere-around-the-club.92701/post-5012322

Benitez is never disruptive to this squad...

Overall: I think it's pretty clear Koeman is, and will continue to be, a disruptive influence. I dont think that's who we are as a club, tbh. I knew Koeman had a run in with Tadic before he arrived, but I had no idea about his back story other than that - his other fall outs at S'ton and his time at Valencia etc.

There's going to have to be tangible onfield success for him to get away with that for his tenure here to work out.

[Nov 2016] https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman-discussion.89131/post-5012843

2 wins in 12 shocking? Promises good stuff when he gets his own players? That one is new...

Excellent win? Three points is three points, of course. But in the context of 2 wins in 12 games it's shocking.

Tbf, i've always said this season is a gimme for Koeman. Top half finish is adequate. For me though in order to be handed that slack he had to show that he knew what he was doing and getting the foundations in place. I don't see that. I just see a mess and a manager who continually talks down a group of players and promises jam tomorrow when we have his signings in.

Fair enough. If he changes the whole first team in the next two windows and has us playing good and winning football it's job done. But he looks pretty clueless right now. That old saying about a poor workman blaming his tools is spot on in relation to him. Start of season 2017/18 he's under massive pressure to prove himself.

[Dec 2016] https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman-discussion.89131/post-5114620

A good start under someone elses squad that turned sour? Must not apply to Benitez that one.

First five games of the season and the record start for Koeman: which players achieved that? The ones he received from Martinez/Moyes era.

They still had the ability to get on the ball and find feet...Koeman has now instructed them to forget all that and hoof the ball as far downfield as possible.

Dont blame the poor job on the tradesman's tools; it's the tradesman who is to blame.

[Dec 2016] https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman-discussion.89131/post-5115451

Ah but didn't Benitez say he was aiming for 8th?

Lets have it right: 7th is adequate. It is NOT an ambition for this club. Any manager who says it should be needs to be educated.

[Dec 2016] https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ronald-koeman-discussion.89131/post-5132247

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got bored after this but that's just a few snippets from Koeman's first 6 months at Everton. Where's the same criticism aimed at Benitez for the same issues?
Mate, thanks for doing that, gave me a good laugh. Particularly liked this given his ramblings in the Lucas Digne thread.

Overall: I think it's pretty clear Koeman is, and will continue to be, a disruptive influence. I dont think that's who we are as a club, tbh. I knew Koeman had a run in with Tadic before he arrived, but I had no idea about his back story other than that - his other fall outs at S'ton and his time at Valencia etc.”

Status
Not open for further replies.