Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That team selection was baffling in the extreme. It seemed to be shut up shop and don't concede then hope for a winner from a set piece. Godfrey, Keane and Holgate were all at sea and Coleman had to constantly come back on his right foot. Benitez will lose more of the crowd game by game unless it turns around sharpish and we start winning more. The players seem scared at the moment and the atmosphere is becoming more toxic, it was notable that Rondon went straight down the tunnel at the end.
Well f you get booed onto the pitch it’s understandable you might want to leave it as quickly as possible, and he was no worse than many of the others in fact he was better than some even if that wasn’t hard to do.

To be honest the crowd definitely weren’t the proverbial 12th man today. But you could argue that the lads don’t deserve our support.

Sutton was saying on the radio today that our players’ heads went down when we were giving them stick!! And he was having a go at us rather than the
players. Unbelievable.

I appreciate that we’ve got no money and we’ve had terrible luck with injuries but Benitez has got to go.
Crowd got into the game the moment they looked like they 'gave a feck'. Honestly! What do they expect? Well done for passing sideways? Why are you not clapping for my brilliant pass to nobody into touch? Fed up with the attempts to shift blame. They are multi -millionaires who, on reality, don't give a sh*t. By the time they could 'give a sh*t', we were two down and the game was all but gone. Anyone still backing Benitez...have a word with yourself.... he's taking us down! (Bit pissed, on the ferry, still raging with that first half performance )

Whose fault is it this week? The crowd? Injuries? The players? The ref? Or the person who now has full control? The man who, on seeing us getting battered by the mighty Brighton, changed it up at.... Half time?....oh no, wait! He didn't! The man who would rather start a (and I love Seamus, by the way) barely-good-enough-at right-back at left back while he had a fit Digne on the bench (who, by the way, he had warming up constantly just to rub his nose in it). The man who plays five at the back AT Home? I know you want to back the manager but C'mon! We are shocking and he HAS to take some of the blame!

Much improved after half time is hopeless if the goals don't go in. When will Benitez master plan amount to putting in 90 minutes every game.

About time Gordon started scoring. Don't suppose he will want to play in the championship

Sadly this was always going to happen. I'm not a Benitez out person (cue for me to get absolutely slated now) but he was to blame for the formation today, absolutely. I don't buy into the Digne argument. There's obviously more to it. No one seems to have had a go at Tuchel for leaving out Lukaku today. Admittedly, it's not exactly the same situation but Rafael's cryptic comments suggest Digne has behaved in a similar way without being so public about it.

But his decision not to change things up earlier was frustrating. No need for a back 5. Doucoure and Allan pressing Lallana and Bissouma which then left big gaps between them and our back line which Brighton exposed time and time again.

Having said all that, he needs time. Whether it's Rafael, Potter, Carlo...whoever is our manager needs time without us turning on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.