2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What infrastructure is he dismantling and why exactly will we be in a mess when he leaves?

We have moaned about our appaling transfers and return for the investment for a long time and with FFP restrictions, we know we need to manage things a different way.

Benitez says we need to manage transfers differently as soon as he came in. Are you not thankful brands has now gone? Or would you rather we carried on as before simply because it's Benitez that has dared suggest things need to change?
He has already got rid of the DOF and chief scout, he has replaced the head of the medical department, he has a clear plan in place, if @davek is to be believed, to get rid of Ferguson, Baines and the rest of the backroom staff. this will put him in total charge of the club.

Have you seen enough to give you confidence he will replace all these people with anything other than Benitez yes men, I certainly haven’t... So the problem is, when his is sacked or resigns, the whole infrastructure of the club will go with him. I don’t know about you, but,this doesn’t seem like such a good idea to me.

He has already got rid of the DOF and chief scout, he has replaced the head of the medical department, he has a clear plan in place, if @davek is to be believed, to get rid of Ferguson, Baines and the rest of the backroom staff. this will put him in total charge of the club.

Have you seen enough to give you confidence he will replace all these people with anything other than Benitez yes men, I certainly haven’t... So the problem is, when his is sacked or resigns, the whole infrastructure of the club will go with him. I don’t know about you, but,this doesn’t seem like such a good idea to me.

I know things need to change and I do have confidence that benitez wouldn't want dross in these positions.

It might hurt to admit it but he's got a lot of experience and I'm sure he wants the best for the football club. He might want people that see things in a similar way but I don't think that necessarily means they will be incompetent or that if benitez leaves they will be any worse than what we currently have

Err it isn’t.

DCL has been missing for most of the season. He is our main goal threat.

Godfrey had covid which massively affected his performances.

James has gone.

Players brought in as replacements are now missing.

The injury crisis is on a level beyond anything Ancelotti faced, and that was bad then.

It is when all the other teams have spent and improved when had FFP to deal with. Losing DCL with no adequate back up for 3 months hasn't helped the case. So yes our quality is a lot more poorer when teams around us have likely added more quality.
This happens every time a player gets injured here. Yes, DCL is an important player for us, no he is not Robert Lewandowski. His return isn't going to make us Bayern Munich and his absence hasn't made us Accrington Stanley. Our squad isn't great but it isn't as bad as our current league position.

Hahaha get over the RS issues mate, you look small time.

He didn't do too badly at the RS if I remember. But yeah, let's hate him and replace him with big dunc because we cant stand that he manged the reds at one point.

Why has benitez nearly destroyed the club? Why is he the problem when we've been [Poor language removed] for 30 years and he's only been here a matter of months
Benitez should be judged on his own decisions and performance, bearing in mind the situation he inherited. I am not sure what anyone else would have done with a transfer budget of £1.7m

The backlog of issues that have built up over the last few years would drag anybody down.

A big clear out of players was going to be required no matter who took charge. Further turnover will probably still be needed and difficult decisions will be required.

Benitez should be judged on his own decisions and performance, bearing in mind the situation he inherited. I am not sure what anyone else would have done with a transfer budget of £1.7m

The backlog of issues that have built up over the last few years would drag anybody down.

A big clear out of players was going to be required no matter who took charge. Further turnover will probably still be needed and difficult decisions will be required.

If no club wants any of them what can be done?

I know things need to change and I do have confidence that benitez wouldn't want dross in these positions.

It might hurt to admit it but he's got a lot of experience and I'm sure he wants the best for the football club. He might want people that see things in a similar way but I don't think that necessarily means they will be incompetent or that if benitez leaves they will be any worse than what we currently have
I admire your confidence, I’ve seen nothing from Benitez’ time here that suggests to me he will improve anything. It doesn’t hurt me to admit that Benitez has a lot of experience or that he wants the best for the club. I just feel that his methods are archaic and that he no longer has the ability to perform well in the modern game.

Ruling by fear and division doesn’t work any more, the current day players hold all the cards. As for his football, it was never pretty in his heyday, but now, it makes my eyes bleed. Passive sit back defensive football is bad enough, but, when the team still can’t defend it becomes laughable. Our attacking gambits are straight out of the kick and rush book of tactics.

As for the people he leaves behind, they will be Benitez yes man and any incoming manager would want them replaced, at huge expense. The only way forward for us is to appoint a competent DOF and allow him to do his job. That way, when managers come and go, as they always do in the modern game, the infrastructure of the club remains. The new man comes in and continues to work within the parameters laid down by the DOF.

I admire your confidence, I’ve seen nothing from Benitez’ time here that suggests to me he will improve anything. It doesn’t hurt me to admit that Benitez has a lot of experience or that he wants the best for the club. I just feel that his methods are archaic and that he no longer has the ability to perform well in the modern game.

Ruling by fear and division doesn’t work any more, the current day players hold all the cards. As for his football, it was never pretty in his heyday, but now, it makes my eyes bleed. Passive sit back defensive football is bad enough, but, when the team still can’t defend it becomes laughable. Our attacking gambits are straight out of the kick and rush book of tactics.

As for the people he leaves behind, they will be Benitez yes man and any incoming manager would want them replaced, at huge expense. The only way forward for us is to appoint a competent DOF and allow him to do his job. That way, when managers come and go, as they always do in the modern game, the infrastructure of the club remains. The new man comes in and continues to work within the parameters laid down by the DOF.
This is so true!

This happens every time a player gets injured here. Yes, DCL is an important player for us, no he is not Robert Lewandowski. His return isn't going to make us Bayern Munich and his absence hasn't made us Accrington Stanley. Our squad isn't great but it isn't as bad as our current league position.
I know DCL isn't a Robert Lewandowski and I do not see where I mentioned he is. Again his return will not turn us into Bayern Munich and I fail to see where this was mentioned also. What I am saying is he was/is the only striker we have of any real quality whereas a Rondon/Dobbin/Simms are not so he has been irreplaceable. DCL is not the only one that has been injured in case you hadn't noticed and key players have been missing at the same time for most of the season. Hence the squad he inherited was not up to the task and our team has become poorer due to absentees of key players

Davek is hardly the most reliable source regarding what will or won't happen at Everton.

I think a lot of people had issues with Marcel Brands ever before RB arrived at the club and our scouting and medical departments were hardly the envy of the Premier league.

Davek hates both Ferguson and Baines and their departure is more wishful thinking than anything else.

I don't think any manager at any club has unlimited control but obviously the more successful they make a club the more power they will gather around them.

I think there are probably still a lot of sceptics at the club regarding RB and I would guess he has quite a bit to go before he has convinced everybody.
We are told BK didn't want him and he still carries influence at the club to name just one.

I know DCL isn't a Robert Lewandowski and I do not see where I mentioned he is. Again his return will not turn us into Bayern Munich and I fail to see where this was mentioned also. What I am saying is he was/is the only striker we have of any real quality whereas a Rondon/Dobbin/Simms are not so he has been irreplaceable. DCL is not the only one that has been injured in case you hadn't noticed and key players have been missing at the same time for most of the season. Hence the squad he inherited was not up to the task and our team has become poorer due to absentees of key players
the sad thing for Benitez was his whole strategy was based around getting the best out of DCL. In his first interview he was saying 'what is clear is we have a very good centre forward. He needs to have good delivery and then he will score'. So Benitez with what limited funds he had went out and got the wingers to supply him, only for him to be injured for four months.

No mate, he wants the best for himself.

That’s who he is and who has always been.

the sad thing for Benitez was his whole strategy was based around getting the best out of DCL. In his first interview he was saying 'what is clear is we have a very good centre forward. He needs to have good delivery and then he will score'. So Benitez with what limited funds he had went out and got the wingers to supply him, only for him to be injured for four months.

He also went and got an overweight, washed up, useless donkey as his back up striker.

And don’t you dare give me, the “ he was only bought as a sub “ bollox, as it is inconceivable that he would never at some point, be starting games.

He also went and got an overweight, washed up, useless donkey as his back up striker.

And don’t you dare give me, the “ he was only bought as a sub “ bollox, as it is inconceivable that he would never at some point, be starting games.
you think that the 32 year old free transfer from China was bought to go straight in the first team clearly. Probably the truth is he was bought to fill in when both strikers were injured, and to bring on as sub.
Get you freaking out over a free transfer when we've pissed up half a billion in the last five years alone.

lol

p01grs80.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.