Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what you class as a good performance for tonight.

It wasn't a great watch, well far from it, and we never looked likely to score, but defensively we were mostly rigid, disciplined and composed.

They knew their role(s), tactics were as effective as we could have expected and they worked and played well together. In some ways, it was a really good one.

Most of us felt we were looking at a hiding here, yet instead we looked as if we might have won it later on if things had panned out.
I think we defended well to an extent and kept a shape but you have to also look at chances created against us. Chelsea were not clinical tonight and had the chance to be 3 up in the 1st 10 mins. More a Chelsea failing than good defending. Pickford was immense tonight and kept us in with the chance we eventually took. I am only looking at the negatives TBH but I am delighted with the point and especially the performances from Gordon, Pickford and Branthwaite. Also pleased that Simms and Dobbin got more than a sniff tonight and although not being great still got deserved experience and didn't stink the place out like Iwobi

Obviously your not allowed to criticise players, when we've come away with a fantastic result. I wonder if the people having a go at me for criticising Pickford, whose legendary distribution was up to scratch again tonight, were having a go at the people criticising Iwobi who yet again was awful tonight. Even though, as I say, we came away with a fantastic result.
Just to check, you’re talking about Pickford, without whom we’d have lost by about 4, right?

kids showed more nouse and professionalism than these other sods have shown all season,Gordon standing on a Chelsea player preventing a quick free kick, Dobbin doing a Salah trying to manufacture a pen, obviously our kid got booked!!!love it about time we had a bit of snide about us, branthwaite excellent throughout,blueboys took over the bridge too by the sound of it,up the Toffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.