2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Benitez appointment was the wrong one because it took the focus off the players, which maybe was the intention all along, to free up the pressure on them after two disappointing years. If any other manager had been appointed, anyone at all, the players would be getting the full force of the fan anger.

Changing the manager achieves nothing other than letting these players off the hook for another 18 months. I have no problem with him alienating our best players when they are not performing and others have already said for 12 months they want to leave. Somebody has to raise the standards for these players, let them know the easy ride is over, hopefully that is what RB is doing.
None of this makes Benitez anything other than a very poor manager who wants total control but then blames everyone else - including the fans - for his failings. Just stop making excuses for him by pointing out other failings at the club.
Get rid.
Now.

This near to the window there's no way Benitez is being sacked. And allowing him to get shut of a number of the club employees. It makes no sense whatsoever.

The table must be a reassurance to Moshiri.

I'd also say that stadiums will be empty soon and the prospects of any protests disappears with it.
Every cloud and all that eh Dave!!

Covid to the rescue!!

unbelievable!

Still don't think he'll be sacked this month, or even January.

Just think Moshiri is gonna persist with this.

Yep. We'll just coast, he'll get some underwhelming signings in Jan and blame having no money. No doubt finish in our lowest league position since 2003/2004.

Think he'll get the boot at the start of next season especially when Richy and Dom are gone.

Even if we went on a little run of form and shot up the table, as soon as we lose a game it'll get nasty again. When you don't have great players (which we don't) you at least need some sort of connection between the squad, the manager and the fans - a togetherness that we're all in this together, it's us against the world. We'll never have that whilst he's here and he'll always be one loss away from a crisis. Not removing him now is just delaying the inevitable... and that's coming from someone who was willing to give him a chance at the start of the season.
Let's get it straight, sacking him and getting another manager isn't going to make the team better, it's not! We may get a new manager bounce but ultimately this team has shown time and time again they aren't good enough, they have no fight, no pride - they just about go through the motions. Binning Benitez solves very little on the pitch but off it, it can at least get the fans back on side and create some much needed unity.
Just as the post you replied to from @COYBL25 was a cracker this one hits the nail as well . The manager has no good will so as you say we beat Leicester & Newcastle but lose a couple we’ll be back here again in no time .

It was the wrong appointment, obviously, but he had a chance when he first came here of making a fist of it . For a variety of reasons not least results that’s evaporated now and I don’t see a former RS manager turning around an away end like we saw yesterday . Before he started many people speculated about things turning toxic when I think we can safely assume that those days seem to be upon us .

Dave mate, am not sure if you're on full on wind up mode, or you genuinely believe that Benitez is not tactically inept like he is showing. I tend not to reply as it ends up down a slippery slope, but you cannot be happy with anything going on at the moment.

The league table is not a reassurance to anyone, if you think we are going any other direction then further down the table under Benitez mate then am not sure your agenda anymore.

Tactics, subs, set up, everything about this whole situation is wrong, not about injuries no more, this is about a manager who can't get 10% extra out of players and makes even worse decisions in a game then I ever thought possible.
I think you're the one who's deluded, tbf.

We are 3 points off the top half of the table; and if you dont think that DCL getting back in the team and spending on players in january doesn't improve us then you're kidding yourself.

I do have to laugh when ever we get a manager under pressure and the 'relegation' card is played. It's utter bollocks to suggest we'll be relegated keeping Benitez.

Being honest getting rid of him this now is the perfect timing, we have a good run of fixtures coming up, players nearing return from injury and the transfer window coming up.

Let's get some positivity back at this club
I think he’ll probably get Chelsea. If we get a hiding there then who knows but if he wasn’t sacked after last night then I can’t see it happening just yet. It’s clear there’s a schism at boardroom level over him.

I was prepared to give him a chance although was always concerned about the risk of appointing him as it was always going to turn nasty during a bad patch. However, this is a fairly spectacularly bad patch we’re in and no other manager in the PL would survive this sort of run.

We are 3 points off the top half of the table; and if you dont think that DCL getting back in the team and spending on players in january doesn't improve us then you're kidding yourself.

I do have to laugh when ever we get a manager under pressure and the 'relegation' card is played. It's utter bollocks to suggest we'll be relegated keeping Benitez.

Don’t have money to spend , and DCL doesn’t change much apart from putting the odd cross in the back of the net.

Six points away from burnley in 18th, they have a game in hand and we play Chelsea and Leicester before we go to their place on Boxing Day.

NSNO

Clucking hell, Dave.

Its time to stop.

The person who would rather we get relegated than Liverpool winning the league calling others delusional.... ?

yet you want us to "Throw the game against Chelski" you know , kopites, dont do em any favours and all that!!

?

Status
Not open for further replies.