Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd kill for a scruffy one nil win, or a boring 0-0 draw.

I Would love to see our players being aggressive (in the right way - not the plassy hard man stuff like holgate) and bullying the opposition, play on the front foot pressing together and working hard together, doing the basics right, passing and moving, giving their teammates options, throwing in some absolute shithousery when needed.....

Just realised I'm talking about crystal palace - room for one more @Alan Whittle - best of luck for the rest of the season mate, not that you need it as you've got some decent players in the team - Gallagher was outstanding, thought he wasn't up against much.

The team needs to go back and grind out clean sheets. When we played 3CBs or 4CBs with Carlo we were solid, people won't like it but we're giving too stupid goals away every week.

Yes Connor Gallagher was very good but I thought the way Everton defended with big gaps still showing and a very poor midfield made Palace look better than they were, if we had started on the front foot from the start we might have rattled them like we did after we went 2-0 down.
I was thinking why didn't we start like this, when we were putting pressure on them.

Starting games so passively is costing us a lot of points

I was thinking why didn't we start like this, when we were putting pressure on them.

Starting games so passively is costing us a lot of points
tbh, I thought we we did start quite well, then went in our shell, we were just getting back into it when Gray miskicked his pass.
Goals change games.
Unless he's really, seriously peed off Benitez I can see Digne starting infront of Godfrey in a 451, next time.
Points are going to be hard to come by.

tbh, I thought we we did start quite well, then went in our shell, we were just getting back into it when Gray miskicked his pass.
Goals change games.
Unless he's really, seriously peed off Benitez I can see Digne starting infront of Godfrey in a 451, next time.
Points are going to be hard to come by.

Thought the start was terrible, it was all palace until they scored.
I was actaully saying on here they just need to score now, they might drop off then and we'll wake up and react.
We only seem to show a little intensity once we go a goal down

But the problem is that you'd only really be fixing this bit. These players will play exactly the same for the next sucker.

Well, you know what Chairman Mao said…..”a journey of 1000 miles begins with one step”.

And getting rid of this dinosaur would be a giant step if we are ever to fix the malaise at this club.

It was madness appointing him in the first place.

Sheer madness.

Family matters meaning I've only just caught up on the game now, expecting to see howlers from Coleman judging by social media comments, first one is on Gray and Second is on the referee, no matter how petulant Coleman was who can't be two yards away from a free kick like the Palace player was, shouldn't have stood. If you want to blame Coleman for a goal blame him for the set piece goal along with the clowns that didn't head it. Chelsea away isn't going to be pretty, but the Xmas period against Burnley and Newcastle will dictate our season and Rafas tenure.

I'd kill for a scruffy one nil win, or a boring 0-0 draw.

I Would love to see our players being aggressive (in the right way - not the plassy hard man stuff like holgate) and bullying the opposition, play on the front foot pressing together and working hard together, doing the basics right, passing and moving, giving their teammates options, throwing in some absolute shithousery when needed.....

Just realised I'm talking about crystal palace - room for one more @Alan Whittle - best of luck for the rest of the season mate, not that you need it as you've got some decent players in the team - Gallagher was outstanding, thought he wasn't up against much.

Exactly. I'm not sure why the players don't do that enough in crucial games like this. I would really like to see them go at it - like our good spell against Crystal Palace, you can see they panic whenever we went forward, so I do not understand why we don't do that.

To be honest, Benitez factor aside, what happened against Crystal is a familiar sight since second half of last season. I think maybe all of them should be sent to sports psychologist lol We've seen the effect it had on Pickford.

Family matters meaning I've only just caught up on the game now, expecting to see howlers from Coleman judging by social media comments, first one is on Gray and Second is on the referee, no matter how petulant Coleman was who can't be two yards away from a free kick like the Palace player was, shouldn't have stood. If you want to blame Coleman for a goal blame him for the set piece goal along with the clowns that didn't head it. Chelsea away isn't going to be pretty, but the Xmas period against Burnley and Newcastle will dictate our season and Rafas tenure.
Could well be right

Status
Not open for further replies.