2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a proper slog hasn't it mate, was flat before we kicked a ball and we've gone backwards.

A new manager search fills me with dread tbh, especially with just Moshiri doing it, but I want the whole house of cards bringing down now, the board, manager, coaches, scouts - I'd love to launch Moshiri if it didn't mean killing bmd.

I know it's not just benitez, but Christ he ain't helping himself, but many of us said he was finished and shouldn't have been anywhere near the job, regardless of his rs past, due to exactly what is happening with the spilt amongst the fans.

This is the most un-Everton, Everton have felt in my life - it's much worse than Koeman or allardyce and piss goblin Sammy Lee, and that bunch of blerts nearly finished it for me.
Great Post Nath unfortunately for us .mate.

Then they cant detest Liverpool more than me, can they?
For someone who, supposedly, would burn the Earth rather than give an advantage to Liverpool, you seem to be forgetting your beloved Benitez handed them 3 points on a silver platter not too long ago.
Where was this same stoutness that you are throwing around now, with the next expected defeat against Chelsea looming, then?

I’d feed better if I could tell you what we were trying to do.

Even if Gordon had scored that or Rondon had been able to put in the deflection, and we held on for a 2-2 draw, I wouldn’t feel good about this game. Ordinarily yeah, Palace has been tough this season, going there and coming away with a hard fought point, fair enough, not bad. But even then if you asked me what plan the men 1 through 11 in our kit were trying to execute I couldn’t tell you. And we didn’t get the point.

At Brighton we played very well, pressing and harassing in their half, and won comfortably. At Old Trafford we sat back, countered, got the point and were better value in the last 30 minutes for the win then the hosts.

I have no ides what this was in the first half, other than aimless, rudderless, lacking in cohesion and also in spirit.

Which is terrifying because if the manager had one job it is to make a plan and instill it.

I have to back him against Digne or Richarlison because he’s the boss and ours have needed some tough love, let’s be fair. But FFS if you’re going to do them like that then hold up your end, man. What’s the point of keeping them out, so as to instill discipline in furtherance of plan, if there isn’t a plan.

Still baffled by the appointment, not just for who he once was in charge of.

This has always been his style of play. Football has moved on massively.

We offer zero press, which for me, and most with an A licence, is the single most important aspect of the game. It's truly pathetic when we go, uncoordinated in one or two and leave gaps all over the park, unforgivable in coaching terms.

He is beyond outdated, he is stubborn and will force out our better players who, as souness of all people, correctly said don't want to be playing this turgid style.

Sad thing is, this is exactly what most who know football thought it would play out. Even those who don't would've been sceptical.

Last edited:
I have said many times Allardyce was the worst appointment in our history...............Not anymore he isn't

Benitez has 90 minutes of football left at this club maximum. He will be gone before the weekend.
I think you’ll be disappointed with this prediction. He’s not going anywhere for at least another few weeks. Mosh has hitched his wagon to Benitez. He’s going to hope it gets better and ride it out.

I think you’ll be disappointed with this prediction. He’s not going anywhere for at least another few weeks. Mosh has hitched his wagon to Benitez. He’s going to hope it gets better and ride it out.
I think the Chelsea game will be the last straw. (A ground were we notoriously put in shocking performances)
Why are waiting for us to nosedive into the relegation zone before finally pulling the trigger?
For each passing game we are throwing 3 points in the bin by keeping him here.

I think the Chelsea game will be the last straw. (A ground were we notoriously put in shocking performances)
Why are waiting for us to nosedive into the relegation zone before finally pulling the trigger?
For each passing game we are throwing 3 points in the bin by keeping him here.
I don’t think you’ll get a lot of people saying he should be kept at this point. For a while I said give him time because we can’t keep this endless cycle of just changing managers every year, and being honest, our squad is poor. However, it seems he’s lost the locker room to an extent, the style is turgid, and there’s no sign of him knowing how to get the best of if these players.

I just get the sense that Mosh has made his pick, and that pick is Benitez…So he might be here longer than he should be.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.