Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Tree13 so which midfielder in our team is better than Ramsey, put his injuries to one side, just go off talent
You want to simply ignore his injuries? Why? Is he magically just going to become injury-free when he arrives at Finch Farm? Or maybe our world-class medical team holds the secret to his long-term fitness?

I'm not doubting he's a talented player. But you have to consider the overall package... We can't afford the type of wage he's getting paid and even if we could, why would we offer it to someone with such a well-documented history of injuries?

Signing a more talented player on a huge wage who then spends half the season unavailable through injury does not improve us. The answer to that problem is not "just ignore his injuries".

PS in answer to your question: Doucouré and Gray are both better IMHO, looking at the overall package each of them offers. Gray, if he maintains his current form, will have a better season than James Rodriguez ever did for us.

Last edited:
You want to simply ignore his injuries? Why? Is he magically just going to become injury-free when he arrives at Finch Farm? Or maybe our world-class medical team holds the secret to his long-term fitness?

I'm not doubting he's a talented player. But you have to consider the overall package... We can't afford the type of wage he's getting paid and even if we could, why would we offer it to someone with such a well-documented history of injuries?

Signing a more talented player on a huge wage who then spends half the season unavailable through injury does not improve us. The answer to that problem is not "just ignore his injuries".
Thanks for answering the question lol
I said he would be our best midfielder, you said unsure

Thanks for answering the question lol
I said he would be our best midfielder, you said unsure
Apologies if my answer didn't satisfy you. I have edited it - take a look.

PS I didn't say I was unsure. I said you're wrong x

PPS In your hypothetical situation, our best CM would be Brozovic. (ignoring the fact he plays for someone else - fair, considering you want to ignore Ramsey's injuries.)

Last edited:
Apologies if my answer didn't satisfy you. I have edited it - take a look.

PS you're wrong x
Gray is a winger. And just had the best spell is his whole career, which is a small sample size Going of his Leicester form he’s not in the same league as Ramsey.

And Doucoure lol lol lol
Go back and watch the Arsenal game. And see how many time this bottle merchant passes the ball backwards. Even when he had loads of time. Back to our centre backs he goes. He also miss controls the ball constantly, he could have scored the other night when he was passed the ball in Arsenal’s box, but a shocking first touch and the chance was gone.

Yes so he’s big and strong and a good runner, technically he is a bottom 6 prem player
Ramsey has more skill/talent in his injured little toe

Gray is a winger. And just had the best spell is his whole career, which is a small sample size Going of his Leicester form he’s not in the same league as Ramsey.

And Doucoure lol lol lol
Go back and watch the Arsenal game. And see how many time this bottle merchant passes the ball backwards. Even when he had loads of time. Back to our centre backs he goes. He also miss controls the ball constantly, he could have scored the other night when he was passed the ball in Arsenal’s box, but a shocking first touch and the chance was gone.

Yes so he’s big and strong and a good runner, technically he is a bottom 6 prem player
Ramsey has more skill/talent in his injured little toe
Ramsey would miss 20 games a season, and would financially cripple us.

Everton just fired a Director of Football. Stop wasting your time on me, put your CV in.

Ramsey would miss 20 games a season, and would financially cripple us.

Everton just fired a Director of Football. Stop wasting your time on me, put your CV in.
Wasn’t the question fella, read it properly next time and maybe you wouldn’t waste you’re own time.
It’s like saying siggurdsson is better than James, because he’s less injury prone

Wasn’t the question fella, read it properly next time and maybe you wouldn’t waste you’re own time.
It’s like saying siggurdsson is better than James, because he’s less injury prone
I'm aware it wasn't the question. That's my point - your question was foolish and pointless. It's not useful to rationally assess one footballer against another but demand that the main negative factor for one of them is simply discarded. You're attempting to shape the narrative to get your desired outcome.

If Ramsey was prepared to come on a pay-as-you-play deal, sure - bring him in. But if you seriously want to offer him anything over 60k per week then you're just foolish, and he's currently on £125k AFTER tax so why would he join us for less than half?

We simply don't have the financial muscle necessary to afford a player like Ramsey. Doesn't matter how good he is, he will never be good enough to warrant a full-time wage for a part-time role.

Have our profit and sustainability problems evaporated since the summer? If not, I’m a bit unsure as to why anyone’s wasting too much time in this thread.

Even if we sell Digne I don’t see us spending much. We’ll get a couple of loans in - Hopefully at least one full-back and probably a CB. I’d like us to bring in a forward but beggars/choosers and that.

Status
Not open for further replies.