2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now Benitez has had everything his own way.

Turned down Brands recommendations, got his backroom staff in, binned out medical staff and now removed the Director of Football so he has NO EXCUSES now.

We are 16th now and we have to pick up points.

Boo Hoo about losing players because if you can't change tactically then he needs to go.

If he can't see yet again that a 2 man midfield will be over run and puts more pressure on a leaky defence against an Arsenal midfield with Smith-Rowe, Oedegaard and Martinelli or Saka.

Cue line-up fume...
He had one guaranteed starter missing the other day as as much as Mina is clearly our best defender (and I believe Benitez knows that too), he can't play three games in a week so can't call him a guaranteed starter

He had one guaranteed starter missing the other day as as much as Mina is clearly our best defender (and I believe Benitez knows that too), he can't play three games in a week so can't call him a guaranteed starter
What even is a Mina anymore?

Has he been kidnapped when back in Columbia.

That situation is a mess, injured, new child, yadda yadda - club is just a shambles full stop.

"A strategic review of the football structure will now take place which will inform the best model for the Club to proceed with in the long-term.

In the meantime, the Owner and Board of Directors will continue to provide our manager, Rafael Benitez, with their full support."

Translation: DoF role binned and Benitez seeing us into the new year at least (barring continued losses).
Translation: Farhad will have "a bit of a think" and then we'll decide how to run our multi-million pound business.

Sorry bud, think you're living in dream world a bit there. Can't see Moshiri firing the DOF on Sunday then the manager a day later - what would the plan be then? A new manager that is being kept hidden? Big Dunc? What about Jan transfers/loans? How even more clueless and random would that make Moshiri look?

If anything, all Moshiri has done is re-inforce the Benitez appointment and give him full control over transfers for the forseeable future. Had we have gone into Jan on 15-18 points, Benitez would likely have been sacked. Moshiri has taken his side, so now, I'm more and more leaning towards Rafael being here for quite a while yet no matter the results (subject to relegation), and has had the pressure taken off him quite a bit by this clear sign of backing.

Delighted to be proven wrong in the next few weeks.
Sadly colonel I don't believe you will be proved wrong in the next few weeks. Moshiri seems intent on sticking with his man come what may.

I care too much now about a club who couldn't give a crap.

If this is what they're trying so be it.

I think they'll end up in the Championship.

Its a hard read on who is to blame when DBB, Kenwright, Benitez, Moshiri and the now departed Brands are all different flavours of the same poop.

Only three times have i been optimistic in recent seasons:

1: Martinez, wonderful football but needed money and a top defensive coach.

2: Silva, with Brands seemed like relative joined up thinking on building the squad long term. If anything sacrificing Gana for Gbamin incapsulated that but the injury caught them out.

3: Ancelotti stabilising in mid table but showing that with money and a strong DOF he may be able to bring in players to progress us into a more attacking unit.

Koeman and Benitez didnt make sense to me at all and are less than interesting in any way.

Signed a few boss players at Napoli and also signed some world class talents like Torres, Alonso, Mascherano at the RS and also wanted Barry when he was in his prime.

His record isn't any worse than many others truth be told - would rather him than Brands picking the players.
And yet despite signing all those “world class talents” he won how many trophies in six or seven years at Anfield? The answer is two, he might like to claim those two as down to him, but the reality is though he won those two trophies because (unfortunately!) a certain Mr Gerrard decided to take both those games by the scruff of the neck and win them pretty much single handed!
I fear for where we are going under him and Moshiri!

And yet despite signing all those “world class talents” he won how many trophies in six or seven years at Anfield? The answer is two, he might like to claim those two as down to him, but the reality is though he won those two trophies because (unfortunately!) a certain Mr Gerrard decided to take both those games by the scruff of the neck and win them pretty much single handed!
I fear for where we are going under him and Moshiri!

Give me just two trophies in 6 or 7 years christ!

Status
Not open for further replies.